Whose with the Planet?

genesis

Anyone Got a DC with The Guys at the Planet?
I think a whole lot of Hosting companies have ties with the Planet

ThePlanet is great! Although there's many others that may be better for whatever you're using their service for, most of the time they can beat out their competition. The one thing I've ran into with their support every once and a while is rather than fix the problem, they'll try to blame it on you and require a few more tickets to resolve it. Bare in mind this has only happened a few times to me. Every other time they've resolved issues right away.

I also don't like the $25/os reload fee, but that's common. Though some providers will do it free once or twice just to be nice. :)

ThePlanet is great! Although there's many others that may be better for whatever you're using their service for, most of the time they can beat out their competition. The one thing I've ran into with their support every once and a while is rather than fix the problem, they'll try to blame it on you and require a few more tickets to resolve it. Bare in mind this has only happened a few times to me. Every other time they've resolved issues right away.

I also don't like the $25/os reload fee, but that's common. Though some providers will do it free once or twice just to be nice. :)

They have a tremendous data base,as well as an mega Exposure too.

Site5 is there. I know Ben, one of the owners ofthe company. He is a great guy and the last time I spoke with him, he told me that he is satisfied of ThePlanet's infrastructure.

Hostgator managed to grow from a couple of servers to the behemoth they are now, all the while relying on ThePlanet to house their servers. That can only be a testament to what can be done using this company.

Hostgator managed to grow from a couple of servers to the behemoth they are now, all the while relying on ThePlanet to house their servers. That can only be a testament to what can be done using this company.

Thats pretty cool right there!

I have heard both good and bad about The Planet, but here is my conclusion. I think that The Planet can be good when used for certain needs that they are more experienced in handling. Just like anything in this world, there's not really a one-stop solution, but it seems that The Planet is pretty darn close to it.

I have heard both good and bad about The Planet, but here is my conclusion. I think that The Planet can be good when used for certain needs that they are more experienced in handling. Just like anything in this world, there's not really a one-stop solution, but it seems that The Planet is pretty darn close to it.

Agreed & from my experience they're not very good for Vps solutions..

Really their support and services are too good. they have experties and quick solutions especially for Dedicated Server. :)

Hands-on hosts a couple hundred of our machines at The Planet. I had the pleasure of meeting a few different hosting company techs/owners last year when I visited the operation center for a conference. I've never had a problem they couldn't help with.

If you want to watch the video that I did with them, go to http://www.theplanet.com/videos/ and toward the bottom of the video list you'll see Hands-On.

Really their support and services are too good. they have experties and quick solutions especially for Dedicated Server. :)

Like all companies, experiences can differ from one customer to anther no matter how hard they try to give everyone the same great service/support.

We have an account with a big hosting company that uses The Planet. Over the years I have worked with some of their system admins who have done side work. They have always been great to work with.

Yes, we previuosly had our servers at ThePlanet, but we decided to move them to DedicatedNow and Caro.Net.These Dcs are much more reliable than ThePlanet

I am also using The Planets DC, i would recommend them to anybody. Great support and great uptime in my opinion.

I used to manage 20+ servers at the planet dc 3 years ago and I had a pleasant experience with them. However lately I've been reading negative comments about them.