Why no adult website?

$alesMan

I've noticed alot of webhhosts will not allow Adult hosting. My question is why? Dose it have to do with your personal beliefs? And should your personal beliefs get in way of bussniess?

I think there are several reason why some hosts do not allow adult content. I think the first reason is personal preference to preserve the company image. As some have no problems with adult content, there are plenty that do.

The second reason is due to the amount of traffic these sites bring. These adult content sites are known for extremely high content causing overloading of the server.

And the final reason is there is a fine line between legal adult content and illegal adult content pertaining to underage content. There is always liabilities if the customer decides to post illegal underage content.

There may be other reasons, but I think alot of these might be strong factors.

Another reason why some hosts ban adult sites is because they think these sites will attract hackers. I've seen hosts that allow adult content claim that they didn't notice it being more prone to hacking attempts.

And should your personal beliefs get in way of bussniess?
There are limits to what people are willing to do to make money. For some, having to deal in any way with adult content, is one of those limits. Nothing wrong with it really.

As an end-user, I don't understand how hosting legal adult sites can damage a host's reputation. The point of bringing lots of traffic to the server that might cause overloading and headaches to the owners of the neighbouring sites seems to be more valid. VPS or dedicated seems to be a better option for a traffic-intensive adult site.
Still, lots of hosts allow adult content, hostgator.com, midphase.com, **********.

Personal beliefs have a strong place in business IMO, otherwise you simply follow the masses rather than set your own standard. Business is about setting your own standard, and your company's own standard.

Some may not believe in your business practices or beliefs, and may even attack them at some point, but when you own a business, staying true to yourself first allows you to stay true to your business.

You should never go along with something you don't believe in, just for a dollar. At the end of the day you'll ask yourself if you're proud of what you did for that dollar, and if you stuck to your guns or became a sellout to get it.

For us i think personal belief plays a major part. Although out upstream providers allow adult content we however do not for many reasons (most i think stated above).

I dont see what is the problem with not allowing legal adult web hosting My Company have been allowing them for years, however to make the client happy. We seperate all adult websites from regular websites and host them on a different server.

We don't see anything wrong with adult content. Since we offer VPS, each site will have it's own IP and won't be tied to us in that sense. Illegal content is another matter though...

Trher is many resons for this. But you can go for some hosting companies in african area. i dont remeber the country, they are allowing any site

Thankfully, there are lots of companies allowing legal adult content, I know that **************.com allow it. Also there are companies that specialize in this type of content.

Also there are companies that specialize in this type of content.
Many hosting companies, like other businesses, specialize their product line. Whether it's specialization or personal values, it's a business choice. In the case of adult hosting, it is almost always necessary to segregate the accounts from non-adult hosting due to resouce usage. Additionally, hosting the accounts on a separate server, serves to keep from alienating non-adult customers.

I think it is kind of like a gambling site, there are so many laws and rules to abide by that may change (and for this specific issue, what happens if you host a site that has underage people on it). I cant think of one company that would want to get into that battle. Better safe than sorry. And I am sure the resources would be insane for some of the sites with all that traffic - I would not want to be paying that server bill.

If any one is searching for adult webhosting...

hello, ifi any one is searching for adult webhosting then you can try http://www.wapxhost.com as i am currently on this only...

its reliable and allows all types of contents and they have great servers to host adult and downloads sites,without any problem... so i think you must try that
:)