Why Reseller plans are expensive?

zyoud

SALAM

I need reseller but not for business I want it to have many websites in same hosting many sites in different subjects, I want same shared plan but with WHM panle I dont need unlimited features..

Any thing for this problem?
Any body cane help me with this problem?
Any company can help me with this problem?

ZYOUD

There are many web hosting companies that offer reseller plans. You should be able to do what you want with a reseller account from a host.

Reseller plans tend to be on the large side, so that the people that own them have the ability to create hosting accounts. If you're looking to an alternative to reseller plans, take a look at VPS.

Resellers tend to actually use what they're allocated. The host cannot oversell as much, so the reseller packages will be rather expensive. :)

I want same shared plan but with WHM panle I dont need unlimited features..
I assume that cPanel alone with its "addon domain" feature does not fit your needs. I believe Micfo offers WHM to its shared hosting customers. You might want to check for a confirmation of that from them.

Site5's "True MultiSite" plan also comes with reseller like abilities (but it uses Netadmin as a control panel, which is more or less a skinned cPanel). You are not allowed to resell under this type of hosting plan though.

ldcdc said:
I believe Micfo offers WHM to its shared hosting customers. You might want to check for a confirmation of that from them.

I have a Micfo shared hosting account and Micfo does offer WHM to regular hosting accounts. It is not enabled by default so after you sign up you do need to open a ticket to have the tech dept enable it on your account.

Thank you for the confirmation and further explanation Thomas. I'll try to remember that. :)

Reseller Plans can also turn out expensiver as sometimes reseller customer needs alot more support than shared customers, So its a added cost :agree:
Regards,

zyoud said:
SALAM

I need reseller but not for business I want it to have many websites in same hosting many sites in different subjects, I want same shared plan but with WHM panle I dont need unlimited features..

ZYOUD
If you want to host multiple domains, expect to pay. If you care about your websites that are being hosting you would put you expense into it. If not, go with a host that doesn't care about your services but just wants your money. Theres millions of companies, the ones that offer things for the cheapest only means one thing.. they're desperate. What does that tell you? There service may or may not be bad.. it's a risk. I hope this helps you.

How much space and bandwidth are you looking for? What is your price range that you are interested in?

Do a proper study on all packages offer by the web hosts. Send email to make some inquiry or if they have forum setup, then post some inquiry on the forum to see how fast you get the reply to judge the support level from the web hosts.

Do not go for lower price alone as it may not be good although some low price web hosts offer equally good server and good service. Access to the web host web site to see what is the speed of their web site, if you want quality then go for Intel Xeon Double processor server or at least P4 Server and high speed internet connection. Some web host may not specify this details in their web site, you can email and ask them. Typically those who offer quality server and high speed line connection will highlight this in their website to attract customers.

reseller plans are expensive because you will more likely than not use the space .. example hosting 50 domains on 5gb, as opposed to hosting 1 domain.

zyoud said:
SALAM

ZYOUD

Interesting subject; doesn't seem to relate to what you asked much though. Well to answer your subject, reseller packages are more "expensive" because most people who get them are trying to start a small hosting company. Note the term reseller, the definition for reseller in my words is to re sell something. Meaning the company expects you to be making money off of it, so they can change you a bit more. Shared hosting is what you should probably go after. You might want to check out a host like site5.com so you can have a unlimited amount of domains hosted on one account (with site5’s multi site technology)

Hi,

They are expensive because they enable you to resell space which brings you in income. (Business Investment) and also they let you host multiple domains etc. but be careful when purchasing. Get a idea on what packages you want to resell and work out a profit margin. Also if you dont want to resell look at packages that are within your budget and will get the best results for your sites

Most providers who sell reseller hosting packages, enable overselling...which really should be watched out for. Now with that being said, when providers oversell, most seem to think that it is an extra feature...but really it's mis-leading to the customer. With the "extra value" they feel they can charge more for. On the other hand you have decent providers that have a good network, excellent support, and unmatched service, well they have overhead costs which they have to make up for providing that great support, service and network, in return high costs for the consumer.

Most providers who sell reseller hosting packages, enable overselling...which really should be watched out for. Now with that being said, when providers oversell, most seem to think that it is an extra feature...but really it's mis-leading to the customer. With the "extra value" they feel they can charge more for.
Actually, they have to charge more, for the resellers, on the whole, will be using more of everything.

I agree totally, yes they have to charge more...but overselling IMO is NOT an extra vauled added feature, if anything its a tease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123