why>?

Sabeur

Greetings,

Just looking around all review sites give hostgator and hostblue and other big host awards and to be on top even if they have no review on that section.

Why can't people make oen which is fair.

Thnks

That because the heavy traffic review sites they pay heavy advertising fees so naturally they are going to put them on top. your not going to get fair money talks. spend more than they do and you will be on top :forK:

Sabeur,

It is not the best way to do it and for customers it is not the best way either. If a website directory does not have the hosts paying money then they turn into a hobby directory that never is updated either.

The forums are a great way to find hosting reviews and there is no force advertising involved. However, if someone wanted to make money it would be giving on honest review like Dan does. Somone go create a web hosting directory based on reviews and not ads.

Good Luck with your search. And, remember some of the little hosts you find everywhere aren't that bad whether it is local in town or on forums.

he he he, Sabeur, try to think about this,if you got all the money then you will get what ever you want. spend more money for advertising, and you got the answer..

Sabeur said:
Greetings,

Just looking around all review sites give hostgator and hostblue and other big host awards and to be on top even if they have no review on that section.

Those hosting review sites heavily depends on sponsorships so I'd suggest you to check reviews on forums.

I don't know if I would call it a "fair play" system when it is so easily to manipulate.
For instance, there is one hosting company who used to constantly promote the fact that they were #1 on WHJ. Of course they were shilling and it's easy to get the #1 position.
Now they have one honest poor review and they've dropped many positions. Of course I'm sure they will dispute that review because it ruins their entire advertising campaign if they can't be #1 at this one review site.

I don't know if I would call it a "fair play" system when it is so easily to manipulate.
If everyone can manipulate the system, the game is fair -- for the hosts. As for the customers... heh. :)

Not at all Dan.
Fair play presumes that people who use the system will be fair.
The hosts with ethics tend to get left out of the formula when they refuse to stoop to the level of shill reviews and buying possitive comments.