Would You BuyThis?

DD-Mark

Hi,
firstly im not advertsing, im not selling this, and nore do i sell this,
im just simply asking for some feed back about it,

So this plan im about to show you is a vps...

1GB RAM
160GB HDD
UNLIMITED B/W
1IP

£15.00 - £20.00 -/- Per VPS -/- Per Month

the vps is uk based, as it would be on a uk based server,

so
what do you think about the server specs?
and the server price,
could it go up or down on price?
would you buy it from a new host?
would you buy it from an established host?

AS SAID AGAIN, I DONT SELL THIS VPS, AND NO THIS IS NOT AN ADD,
i was thinking about selling a plan like this,
but wanted to no what other people think about it first
=)

many thanx
mark
=)

what do you think about the server specs?
You haven't quite shared enough detail for us to judge the server specs. What does the server run on? What's the processor? Total RAM?
If you are talking about the plan specifications, then its fair. Unlimited, though, is something I am very uncomfortable with.

and the server price,
Seem competitive.

could it go up or down on price?
Technology always becomes cheaper with time. So if you go for something like this, do NOT get locked in with annual contracts.

would you buy it from a new host?
No. I do not believe in unlimited bandwidth.

would you buy it from an established host?
Probably not. An established hosting company has no business offering "unlimited" plans. I think its just unprofessional and unethical to do so.

What do you mean with 1000-16000 B/W? I think bandwidth is not a range but a single amount that represent the maximum bandwidth you can use. Though, that's a good deal especially if offered by an established web host.

Yea I would steer clear of it with the unlimited bandwidth offer, but if it was a determined amount say 1Tb then I'd take a look at it.

John

160GB space for 20 pounds ($31.26) is a lot of space for so little price.

I know there's deals out there, but you have to remember the mantra of "if it sounds like too good of a deal, it probably is". So while you may be able to provide it, you might be shooting yourself in the foot. Most places I see for VPSs are running between 30-70GB for that same price range.

I would agree that the "unlimited" statement is always good to stay away from, but I will say that you find some top names that use that terminology, and that still doesn't make it any better.

Last edited:
I wouldn't touch this at all.
I have no trust in anyone who offers unlimited anything.
I have no trust in a company that is trying to tweak their offerings by making random changes.

I trust companies that have a solid reputation and who have a solid business plan and don't feel the need to lie about what they offer.

I always stay away from hosts offering unlimited space or bandwidth because most of the time they wont allow you to get this "unlimited" space.

Imho you're giving away too much for too little - it'd throw major red flags up for me immediately as soon as I saw it.

With that pricing I don't really believe it would be sustainable.

try lowering the space a bit i thing its a bit to high! as for the bandwidth UNLIMITED! ah try a number

If you can offer unlimited bandwidth, it would be better saying Unmetered since this exist. Your ISP may provide you this unmetered so sell it as it really is.