you know you're a webhost when...

3. When you write telphone numbers like IP's - 212.555.1234

Yes I do this! Not sure how it got started, but fits neatly in my Palm Pilot

webhosting4u said:
3. When you write telphone numbers like IP's - 212.555.1234

Yes I do this! Not sure how it got started, but fits neatly in my Palm Pilot
This is a "you know you are a geek" thing in general :) I have done this for a while and it is helpful on the Treo as it is the only special character that does not require the shift or option key to type.

aleast no joke
xion right on
rjnsmith absolutely mon

or...you know you're....when you stare at people using actual cash....

AlEast said:
5. You get friends calling asking to host their stuff for free

This has got to be the biggest problem I have so far! I mean, when I say no, I am a jerk....you know? Anyone else go through that?

WebzPro said:
And then they ask you to design and update the site also. We installed a site builder just for them.;)

Do you use cPanel? I would like to get a Site Builder for cPanel.

Thanks,

PlexiHosting said:
This is a "you know you are a geek" thing in general :) I have done this for a while and it is helpful on the Treo as it is the only special character that does not require the shift or option key to type.

Yup, I have a Treo 600 and this is how all my numbers are in it. Transferred them from my regular Palm Pilot.

well people do feel because it's the "internet" they can order services and it doesn't cost money..i have a customer who keeps asking every meeting "what it takes to get started". I tell them the same fees every time but they curiously never pay me any money...

webhosting4u said:
This has got to be the biggest problem I have so far! I mean, when I say no, I am a jerk....you know? Anyone else go through that?

Same here. I have those 'friends' who want webhosting with me and they told me they're gonna pay me later......still no money.....(I think I'm gonna suspend them)