SurpassHosting.com

PVT-Jordan

A friend of mine uses this company. I was looking at their website and did some investigating of my own and it looks like a scam. They offer unbelievable amounts of bandwidth for less than $25. They have to be majorly overselling. Also, i did a reverse lookup on their domain and they appear to be using a hostdime server. They claim to have their own datacenter. Can anybody figure out what they're doing? I want to try to convince my friend that they are probably ripping him off and that he probably won't get the service that he bought. Thanks for any and all input!

Reading about them on different forums and net and they seem to have a good reputation in hosting thus far for overselling. The problem I see is HostDime (where they are located). HostDime does not have the best reputation. Also they claim they own the NOC but HostDime owns the Noc which means they are either lying or HostDime is lying???????

Surpass is owned by Hostdime. Technically they own the datacenter, as in they lease the space and they own the servers.

Ah, we must have different definitions of owning a datacenter then ;). My definition is when you have the building, the connections, the staff and then you rent all of your servers and colo others. I guess the definition is now changing too? Just like Quality Hosting used to mean good solid prices with no overselling :D.

I see no reason for them to have to own the building to say they own the datacenter.
I owned a restaurant in the Cayman Islands. It was in a mall. I didn't own the mall, but I still considered myself the owner of the restaurant.

I would say that they do have their own datacenter. I would also say that Blue was the owner of the restaurant. :)

i also know a guy who has hosting with them and he has asked them if he could oversell and they said he could, he says there pretty good, if your a big company you can do whatever you want really.

xpguy said:
i also know a guy who has hosting with them and he has asked them if he could oversell and they said he could, he says there pretty good, if your a big company you can do whatever you want really.

I'm sure that their resellers can oversell based on what they offer. I don't see how they can possibly offer 200GB of bandwidth without overselling. I just think thats a lot to offer for only $25. I think that if they got about 5 customers who pushed that plan to its max, they'd be in trouble.

Well... I wouldn't really care much about surpasshosting or any other host for that matter. They will never be in trouble as they will not retain customers that cost more than they pay.

The customer takes the fall as he's the one who's asked to move and that's not a pleasant task! ;)

From my understaind Surpass is Hostdime, It's just a rebranded low low budget host.
Current they do have their own IDC or Floor, maybe not the entire building or the entire datacenter.

OWN it

When I say I own a hosting company:

This includes:
I own the company
I own all servers and equipment
I own the furniture
I pay the employees salary
I pay to contract security gards
I own both buildings
I pay all the taxes
I pay the insurance
I do/controll the hiring and the firing
and every thig else

That's all very impressive virtualwebc. I'm sure everyone is fascinated and totally impressed. Of course it all means nothing if you give lousy service.
Since you seem to spend far more time spouting off about other companies it leads me to believe you can't rely on your service.

I know a few people that have their sites hosted with 'Surpass' and are quite happy. They have great tech support, good prices...

Hello Everyone,

Surpass Hosting is a wholly owned subsidiary company of HostDime. We both fund the operations of the DimeNOC datacenter. We operate and own our servers and our own equipment. We could stop sales today and continue to operate normally.

Our data center is at this location:
111 North Orange Ave
Penthouse Suite 2100
Orlando, FL 32901

Our offices are located at this location:
111 North Orange Ave
Suite 1050
Orlando, FL 32901

No, we do not own the entire building, but we are the only ones that can go up to the top. :D

Here is an IP of ours to trace: 66.194.239.10

Download speed test: http://66.194.152.70/speed_test.rar

You can see a list of our servers here:
http://www.surmunity.com/showthread.php?t=3225

We also do those other things that virtual pointed out, such as hiring and firing... :)

Warm Regards,
Chloe
Surpass Hosting

Blue said:
That's all very impressive virtualwebc. I'm sure everyone is fascinated and totally impressed. Of course it all means nothing if you give lousy service.
Since you seem to spend far more time spouting off about other companies it leads me to believe you can't rely on your service.

You lost me. I thought everyone was submitting insight on the company and sharing their definitions of "owning" a data center. I don't see how his post is any different from the others.

*cough* personal vendetta? *cough*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys