SurpassHosting.com

john said:
I would like to participate in other threads here, but if the timing of my arrival and my first post causes you too much grief, I will leave.

John

No need to leave. No grief caused.

We are just curious by nature. Sometimes things don't look as they should and we question them.

It's the nature of a public forum.

This thread was posted on the Surpass Hosting community, as stated by Surpass - Chloe

Side note, this thread is on the first page of the Google results for Surpass Hosting. Customers and non-customers keep pointing this out to us. Has the traffic jolted in the past weeks because of it?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=surpasshosting
How do you think we found it?

I saw it there and I came here to see what was being said and then I saw a familar name, blueskies so I posted my opinion.

Tracer

Where was it stated that this thread was posted on the Surpass Hosting community?

Do you have a link to it?

I just searched for it but I can't find it. It was on there less than a week ago. All it was was a question from a person who was thinking about becoming a customer of Surpass Hosting and wanted to know if this post was true or not.

Tracer

As I mentioned in my 1st post, things got a little heated in the forum around the time of the outages due to the first hurricane. There were some not so nice threads that disappeared, and we lost our PMs. That was the one thing that really sucked for me. :cry:

John

What do you mean when you say you lost your PM's? Your inbox contents were deleted, or permissions to PM were removed?

Also, I believe that if a customer has a problem, and you have a forum, which they post in, it should be kept. I don't think that a forum should be cleaned up to make yourself look good. I would rather be honest to any potential customers and let the see exactly the problems that customers have, and how a resolution is found. In my book, honesty gets you far.

I would like to participate in other threads here, but if the timing of my arrival and my first post causes you too much grief, I will leave.
As long as you follow the rules you'll be able to post here indefinitely. :)

Also, I believe that if a customer has a problem, and you have a forum, which they post in, it should be kept. I don't think that a forum should be cleaned up to make yourself look good. I would rather be honest to any potential customers and let the see exactly the problems that customers have, and how a resolution is found. In my book, honesty gets you far.
I agree. Even if a customer posts rude or unfair comments, a host can reply in a professional manner and explain the situation from its point of view. A support forum comes with pluses and minuses - a host must accept this or not use a forum IMHO.

Blue said:
I doesn't really matter if it's the highest rated search term in history.

We have two first time ever posters who are both Surpass customers, and both signed up within a day of each other because they happened to be doing a Google search on a host that they are already with?

Come on.

Blue, don't know if you've noticed but Surmunity.com is approaching 4k members. We are alerted when a website looks like ours, when someone says that we are great, when someone says that we aren't. Whether it is a guestbook entry, a blog, or a forum.

Xcel_Hosting said:
What do you mean when you say you lost your PM's? Your inbox contents were deleted, or permissions to PM were removed?

We had the second incident of another host, during times of trouble, sign up on our forum under a random username, contacting some of our forum members. Because of that our PMs were turned off for the second time in the board's history and probably this time indefinitely. Access to the members' list page was also removed, it was just screaming "abuse me". We tend to have problems and incidents with our forum that some hosts probably never have to deal with. It's hard to explain or have others understand it. :news:

I have to put something right here that I found out last night.
Two of the reboots that I talked about in past posts were requested by the support staff when I could not access my site. So in all fairness to surpass I guess you could say that 2 of the reboots were requested for me.
I also wanna say that there is one guy on their support team (Josh.. sorry for naming him.. but hey) that is nothing but brilliant, helpful and one of the most polite people I have delt with in a long time.

i left surpass because i wanted to start adding bigger and better plans but i did find that it was hassle in leaving them i wanted them to transfer my clients to another provider and offered to pay them however they still persisted on not doing it eventually i paid out $100 to get it done by some guy on webhostingtalk. Surpass did seem to go down a few times and that anoid my customers while i was getting messed around waiting for surpas's responce to my request i lost 3 customers which made me angry but in whole they are a good company i think to start with :D

xpguy said:
i left surpass because i wanted to start adding bigger and better plans but i did find that it was hassle in leaving them i wanted them to transfer my clients to another provider and offered to pay them however they still persisted on not doing it eventually i paid out $100 to get it done by some guy on webhostingtalk. Surpass did seem to go down a few times and that anoid my customers while i was getting messed around waiting for surpas's responce to my request i lost 3 customers which made me angry but in whole they are a good company i think to start with :D

Your new host is normally responsible for helping you set up your new accounts, not the one that you are leaving. I am curious as to what your new host said about helping you with your transfer, there is no mention of them here.

I understand that you offered to pay, and I am not sure why it was never carried out by our staff, and I do apologize about that. Regarding your loss of 3 customers, if you changed your DNS to another company and weren't ready, we weren't at fault for that.

Back to the topic of account transfers, we get daily sign-ups where the new customer wants us to transfer their accounts from their old server, to our server. That is the normal procedure.

I organised it so that it would have been done before i came to uni but for some reason surpass didn't reply to my ticket until a few days which delayed me which also lost me time as i updated dns after the clients where transferred as i needed to check the accounts had transferred properly in this time of 2 days i lost the clients they didn't want anymore downtime, I moved from surpass to a dedicated server and so that i would have better uptime etc, surpass where could until they came to downtime and sql errors and my clients where not happy with this, hence why i moved as didn't need to have troubles while i was at uni.

Did you find better prices than ours for the servers? Ultimately I am glad that you have found the best host for your site, that is most important.

thanks for the reply i had to do something with my hosting or my clients would have all left and i wanted to offer reseller plans which are on the way, the cost is alot compared to what i paid for your reseller package but I did buy a dedicated server after i left you, however my new provider is very good im happy with them :)

Hello everyone I'm still here. Sorry I was away for a bit. Wow I can't believe this was listed so high on Google.

I've been with another host for a while now and things are going pretty good. There were some very strange events occurring right after I moved from Surpass to my new host. Somone kept hacking all the accounts. But after I changed all the passwords to somthing different than what I was using on Surpass, all the hacking stopped. So strange...

How are things going for everyone else?

Talk to you soon.

Sincerely, Blueskies

I really wish you would stop making up these strange ideas about us. I really wonder what your true intention is after all of this time.

As far as I can tell, he wasn't pointing the finger at your company for anything, he is just explaining the strange occurances. Do you have proof that he is making this up? What I can see is that his intentions are just to communicate how his hosting experience is going with the companies that he has been with to help others make informed decisions. No harm in that, right?

He left our company in August and it's now December. I think talking about the new host would help out more. :santa: Haven't seen the new name of it yet or all of the good things going on there.

I agree that he should talk more about the new host, but it still helps to describe the transition. Blueskies, who is the new host?