cPanel Price Increase Solutions

I wonder how many customers really use their control panel. I guess most of them dont care as long as their site is working fine.

Surely cPanel price has changed a lot and made people think than blindly follow the herd.

If you are a VPS owner and manage your own sites, checkout CentMinMod. Everything is command line based, which may be good or bad for you. But sure it reduces the attack surface, by not having a web panel interface.

I still like Vesta CP, despite some pending security issues. If you can restrict access to its panel and API, you are mostly good for shared hosting.

For paid control panels, take a look at Direct Admin(which is predominantly making the most of cPanel price hike) and CyberPanel.

If you want free shared hosting panel and have tech skills and time, then ISPConfig is a good option.

This here is where it all begins and soon Facebook and amazon ( if not already ) will be part of it. I don't live in the US but it seems the Europeans are trying very hard to stop this kind of domination, while i feel the americans are starting to follow suit. For me in south Africa we have to wait on the bigger countries to make the decisions. I know this thread is about cpanel but its just another partial example of this model of business. One could argue, they have wiped out the rest of their competition and now are allowed leeway to charge how they want thats business and too a degree I agree with that. There also comes a time when they abuse their monopoly, i As one person cannot say that they are but Goole does, facebook does and sson amazon will too. If cpanel can wipe plesk they will do so too or maybe what we are seeing here is the start of it. Whilst there is not much we can do I think we as consumers need to be aware of the choices we make and the impact they have. We are after all the ones pushing their product not them.

I highly appreciate your response and you are spot on.

I wonder how many customers really use their control panel. I guess most of them dont care as long as their site is working fine.

Surely cPanel price has changed a lot and made people think than blindly follow the herd.

If you are a VPS owner and manage your own sites, checkout CentMinMod. Everything is command line based, which may be good or bad for you. But sure it reduces the attack surface, by not having a web panel interface.

I still like Vesta CP, despite some pending security issues. If you can restrict access to its panel and API, you are mostly good for shared hosting.

For paid control panels, take a look at Direct Admin(which is predominantly making the most of cPanel price hike) and CyberPanel.

If you want free shared hosting panel and have tech skills and time, then ISPConfig is a good option.

I do use VPS because it is very cost effective and I have full control over my environment. I run multiple servers actually using VPS. What I am moving into now is getting servers with no control panel on them and installing CWP. I am on the verge of a break through in web hosting but I won't reveal too much until I make more happen. I am already slashing my hosting prices almost in half and still covering costs. And even though I have a bunch of websites online, for the first time in 10 years I'm still not making money (It's okay, I don't want to because it's a hobby business for me) I am about to cover all my costs through client sites, domains and donations that come in.

Hi
Why not you can use Directadmin control panel

its very good UI last 4 months you can try to this

It costs money, and a VPS with DirectAdmin costs as much as Plesk. I'm getting away from control panels that cost money. I already have enough information downloaded that I may have the ability to develop my own control panel even though I am a one man band.

I am considering it, our price is just above double. Im just thinking in terms of maintenance and general tasks how much time would a cpanel save me vs a direct admin. I mean if im going to spend a hour extra working on direct admin that hours "pay" would be far more than the cpanel costs

Try getting a VPS with just CentOS 7 on it and installing CWP (CentOS Web Panel) on it. You'll probly have to install it yourself since most data centers haven't used it in production yet. I'm a step ahead of my data center since most of them are not level 3 techs. I already have it in production on my network serving a few websites. Scope it out.

Im also paying almost double now per Server, :/
Planning to move to DirectAdmin, anyone else?

DirectAdmin is an excellent choice if you still want to pay money for a web panel and I would highly recommend them in that case. If you want a free webpanel and you know how to work in a Linux environment I highly recommend CWP. It will set you free if you have the mindset for it. I am already using it in production on my network and about to serve clients on it. The data center I host in didn't want to touch it since they haven't used it in production yet. So I jumped on it and got to work. I love it and have a few websites already running on it and it has everything I need. I am totally happy.

Im also paying almost double now per Server, :/
Planning to move to DirectAdmin, anyone else?

I set up another server and installed CWP on it. The data center doesn't offer it because they haven't used it in production yet. So I am testing it and putting my smaller websites on it. So far it is FANTASTIC and I can do anything I need to on it. And it's free.

It has SSH built in also and you can access php.ini from it very easily. I have set up 4 or 5 domains on it so far and everything is very intuitive to me.

It's easy to access PHPmyAdmin on it also, easier than in Plesk. Plesk required you to set up things specifically that make it harder and you have to login to MySQL everytime manually. But I do think you can set it up so you don't have to. CWP logs you into MySQL automatically withou you having to change any settings. There are many similarities to cPanel in it while there are a few things that are different but not difficult.

Since we already have plenty of customers on our cPanel reseller hosting product, whom we promised to have a price freeze at the time of they signing up for our services, we don't plan to alter their contract, while maybe we'll need to absorb the increase in price a bit at our end.

On the other hand, we are exploring DirectAdmin and Interworx control panels to see how the future should be

we'll need to absorb the increase in price a bit at our end.

You wont be able to absorb the increase for ever as for most it will be $15 to $30 a mth increase, so double and for busy hosts it will be from $15 to $45+, not many will be able to absorb these for long.