cPanel price increase

webling

With a significant price increase for cPanel coming how many of you will continue using it and how many will change to other solutions and why?

My client base isn't big enough to justify paying the higher cost for cPanel and so I am considering discontinuing it. I like the RoundCube webmail that comes with it but I understand I can install that on my server independently.

Please give me your thoughts and ideas.

With a significant price increase for cPanel coming how many of you will continue using it and how many will change to other solutions and why?

My client base isn't big enough to justify paying the higher cost for cPanel and so I am considering discontinuing it. I like the RoundCube webmail that comes with it but I understand I can install that on my server independently.

I only have personal website now and they fall within the $30 price band from $14.95.
Buy cpanel is not increasing the prices until Sept., but i am going to look at CWP

I only have personal website now and they fall within the $30 price band from $14.95.
Buy cpanel is not increasing the prices until Sept., but i am going to look at CWP

Good information. I wasn't aware of CWP but I am assuming you are referring to CentOS Web Panel. One of my concerns was migrating from cPanel to another platform but CWP seems like it has built in ability to transfer cPanel accounts.

Good information. I wasn't aware of CWP but I am assuming you are referring to CentOS Web Panel. One of my concerns was migrating from cPanel to another platform but CWP seems like it has built in ability to transfer cPanel accounts.

Hi
Yes i mean CentOS Web Panel.

We will be continuing to use and provide the cPanel/WHM Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and Managed VPS to our clients. However, the price will be increased slightly.

If you are planning to use the other hosting control panels, you should look for the Free and Open Source Hosting Control Panels like CentOS Web Panel, or If you are interested in the other cheap paid panel, you can also look for the Plesk, It has all the features you would be looking for.

We will be continuing to use and provide the cPanel/WHM Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and Managed VPS to our clients. However, the price will be increased slightly.

You wont have control over the pricing as once the licenced WHM reaches the next threshold you will automatically get charged the new rate. so it will be hard to give clients a fixed monthly cost.

lets say you have a client who orders a VPS with cpanel licence and you sell this for $30 a month ($10 for the server and $20 for cpanel),

but then the client goes over the 5 accounts on his server, cpanel will now then change the charge for this licence to $30 automatically, but then the client goes over 30 accounts, so his cpanel licence goes up to $45 automatically, but the clients contract with you is for $30, so now you are running at a lose of $25 on that server.

Last edited:

Over the years, we have relied on cPanel for managing sites. cPanel’s popularity is because of easy management of websites, its integration with popular softwares like Softaculous, CloudLinux, JetBackup and much more.

Honestly, to avoid any kind of downtime and data loss for now, we've decided to continue with cPanel.

Honestly, to avoid any kind of downtime and data loss for now, we've decided to continue with cPanel.

and that is exactly what cPanel are hoping for.
double the prices when hosts are reliant on them and a majority will stay and give them double the money.

Last edited:

For Shared Plans we are sticking with cPanel. For VPS and Dedicated Servers we are planning to give choice to the customer between cPanel or DirectAdmin maybe.

Yes the new pricing has led many in the web hosting world considering whether or not to continue with cPanel in the long run. But for now, a lot of cPanel customers have decided to stick to cPanel or offer alternate like DirectAdmin, Plesk, etc. to their customers.

Yes the new pricing has led many in the web hosting world considering whether or not to continue with cPanel in the long run. But for now, a lot of cPanel customers have decided to stick to cPanel or offer alternate like DirectAdmin, Plesk, etc. to their customers.

offering other options is fine if you sell VPS/dedicated servers, but if you sell shared and reseller plans then the choice is yours in that do your find an alternative or do you double your prices to cover the 100% cPanel increase.

We put the choice directly in our clients hands.

They can stay on the servers they are on and unfortunately have a price increase, OR they can move to one of our alternates.

Now, I'm talking hosting for a few dozen clients these days not the thousands we had. Our entire business model changed so the price increase was a great "excuse" to encourage some of our clients to get hosting elsewhere while we still maintain their websites, plugins etc.