Foreign Customers

So we all have foreign customers. Here is a question: if you can't understand what they have stated in their ticket, how do you tell them you don't understand how they speak English?

We have a few of these customers, usually what we do is try and answer their question to the best of our understanding, then kindly let them know that if the answer was not what they were looking for, it's because they either need to be more specific or simply because we can't understand them.

Maybe you need to use Google Translator to at least understand what are their questions at first.
I think we as clients will be more surprise with the accurate response and solutions from hosting providers regarding their problems.

Google translator is not correct and I assume once native speaker will find this web site and translation he will scare away then get interested in your offers

Language translator tools can sometimes be useful incase the customer arrives on Live Chat. There are situations when the customers approach using tickets and E-mails, the only solution is presence of mind.It is important to stay patient and try to understand the customer needs.You may even ask them to approach you via Live Chat software.
Ask the customer to use the same translator are you do,believe me, it works great.This most of the times helps you to fill in the communication gap.

:) Well you just ask them politely to explain what to they mean and if they still can not make it then you ask them to write it in their own language... then you are going to any online translation service and paste the message... if this happens again, then you set a "interpreter fee" ;)

When you come across foreign customer,your attitude is very important.Although customer's english is not very good,you can ask for more clarification when you don't understand what they said clearly.In a word,you must try your best to help the customers because they are your god.If they are satisfied your service,it may brings more business to you.

normally when they can't speak english well enough for a rough translation I just ask them what their native language is and ask them to type it out in their native language. Than I get a professional translation of what they are asking about.

For most instance it is better to politely ask them for more information and details to a certain request their asking for.Specially o the non-English company.

Hello DHD-Nick,

If a customer is having some issue with communicating in English, it is a challenge that has to be taken in the positive manner. We can ask for clarification in the simplest way, taking enough time to make the customer understand about the matters, and at last verifying all the details, that the customer had provided, with him, to make the solution. It will take some more time than usual inquires, but its important to satisfy any customer by providing what they exactly need.
Patience is an important factor in this case.

I always go with Google translator tool when language is in non-English
format.

If I do not understand client query, I update them "I did not get your query" so kindly elaborate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett