Google Voice for Webhost ?

FH-Gama

Hi guys,

Just wondering, has anyone used Google Voice for the company? Google just made it free for everyone now, and it comes with many features. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

-gama

Hi guys,

Just wondering, has anyone used Google Voice for the company? Google just made it free for everyone now, and it comes with many features. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

-gama

What aspect of the company are you talking about? For interacting with clients? Internal communications?

It depends on how big the company is, I suppose - there's no PBX type aspect to it, you can't talk on your computer like with Skype. I think it has a ways to go before it matures to a business level communication quality.

It depends on how big the company is, I suppose - there's no PBX type aspect to it, you can't talk on your computer like with Skype. I think it has a ways to go before it matures to a business level communication quality.

Ya and skype is worldwide :rolleyes2

Hi guys,

-gama

it is available for everyone who are in US only... which is very irritating.

Yeah, we use a Google Voice number that we give to our clients in the event of needing EMERGENCY support. Luckily, no one has needed it yet.

What made it appealing was the option of choosing your own number, so I have one with "HOST" in it, and it redirects to my own phone 24/7, so even if I am sleeping I can be awaken for an emergency to handle the situation or I can call up another support member to help aid me.

You can use Google Talk with Gizmo to use voIP features. It's darn expensive though.

Google bought them, and then shut it down to new people. I'm on the list to get an email when I can buy it, but it's been months. I wonder whether they're just going to kill it or they're trying to turn it into some free client to compete with Skype.

Never found anything other than Gizmo, and can't get Gizmo, so I am stuck on Skype for now.

We usually just use a ventrillo service for intra company communications. We find their servers are pretty stable. Google voice looks like a good alternative since you get a number. I just fear it might still have compatibility issues with windows 7.

Hello,

Free hosts offer very basic and poor features, which are not adequate for business websites and popular blogs. Free hosts do not guarantee reliability and performance. There is no technical support to offer you help at times of trouble. Free hosts are not reliable and stable. There is no definite network up-time guarantee. Your site may go down without any notice from hours to days which can adversely affect your ranking and repute.

i use google voice for my company it helps me a lot cuz it redirect the call to my cell or home phone. i my client never now my cell. the only thing i dont like i have to have gmail open so the call can be answer big plus for me

We have used Skype for a number of years now, but the rates keep going up. Used to be $30 a year, now its a little over $60 for everything. Its nice being able to have the phone ring multiple phones and then go to a single voicemail with email alert to everyone. We have a google voice account, but it does not seem to have the same depth of options as Skype.

We have used Skype for a number of years now, but the rates keep going up. Used to be $30 a year, now its a little over $60 for everything. Its nice being able to have the phone ring multiple phones and then go to a single voicemail with email alert to everyone. We have a google voice account, but it does not seem to have the same depth of options as Skype.

That's true but its free you save money on it money the you can invest on your server oh other areas oh your website.
skype its way better for us. but the prices way to high. n those countries where i have 50% clients they don't support it. its no point for me to have skype