I hate webhostingtalk

Sure thing - 200 infractions sounds like a lot until you consider I have almost twice as many posts over there as you have here even on your own forum :). I was averaging 25 posts/day for almost 2 years before I got busy enough with work that I had to slow down.

But yeah - I mirror a lot of the sentiment in this thread - and I've never been one to intentionally try to skirt a rule on a forum.

It's too bad they don't put how many posts I've reported next to how many infractions I've had... I'm sure I've submitted thousands of reports at WHT. I'm on the computer from sun-up to sun-down working so I'm always on the forums.

I tend to see all of the spam WHT gets [no, it's not new]:
http://www.screen-shot.net/2016-07-20_17-38-16.png

Sure thing - 200 infractions sounds like a lot until you consider I have almost twice as many posts over there as you have here even on your own forum :). I was averaging 25 posts/day for almost 2 years before I got busy enough with work that I had to slow down.

[...]

It's too bad they don't put how many posts I've reported next to how many infractions I've had...
http://www.screen-shot.net/2016-07-20_17-38-16.png

Those are some impressive stats! (both cases)

At this rate you will overtake me here in the number of posts as well. :shaky: Ha!

It's entirely possible. Back when I was doing 25 posts/day at WHT - there were interesting new threads every day. People that needed help that I could offer good advice to.

These days - not so much. I don't even know how to really describe what has happened at WHT beyond that it seems like the content quality has simply plummeted.

It's entirely possible. Back when I was doing 25 posts/day at WHT - there were interesting new threads every day. People that needed help that I could offer good advice to.

These days - not so much. I don't even know how to really describe what has happened at WHT beyond that it seems like the content quality has simply plummeted.

So now you still active over there?

It's changed a lot at WHT over the past few years - more advertisements and less discussions. I've received three infractions there over 7 years and 5000+posts for a total of zero points, but it is what it is. I steer clear of self promotion and conflicts there.

Last edited:
I agree, it has changed a ton. It's gone more corporate, more advertise-y, but again, I can't say as I'm surprised. That forum alone has to be a pretty huge financial drain on whatevercorpownsWHTnow.

That forum alone has to be a pretty huge financial drain on whatevercorpownsWHTnow.

A financial drain? Not sure about that one. WHT might have certainly been generating 3-4 times the revenue years ago than today (I am just making a wild assumption here), but even that should sufficiently cover all the expenses associated with running and maintaining a community of that size and make a healthy profit. I have zero knowledge as to what it is actually making and what the actual return is on Penton's acquisition. I do, however, remember the days when iNet was acquiring the community and the purchase amount was rumoured to be in the millions.

Several years ago, I use to check in on WHT but never joined. It seemed to me it was beginning to turn into a monkey see monkey do soap opera so I left it alone and stopped visiting it.

A couple of years ago, I saw a friend give an excellent review of a host on WHT and he got blasted by the mods. I'll not go into it but the host saw a huge spike in new clients soon after the mods blasted them. In that case the monkey that didn't get the banana was WHT.

They still are an excellent host with 1000's of satisfied clients and growing.

I checked in on WHT a couple times recently and it seems it's about run it's course and I doubt it'll ever be as popular as it was in the past

The only thing I see about WHT is they're a great learning tool for many people by reading what WHT used to be. The last few times I've been to WHT I saw nothing there that was worth revisiting for anymore.

Several years ago, I use to check in on WHT but never joined. It seemed to me it was beginning to turn into a monkey see monkey do soap opera so I left it alone and stopped visiting it.

A couple of years ago, I saw a friend give an excellent review of a host on WHT and he got blasted by the mods. I'll not go into it but the host saw a huge spike in new clients soon after the mods blasted them. In that case the monkey that didn't get the banana was WHT.

They still are an excellent host with 1000's of satisfied clients and growing.

I checked in on WHT a couple times recently and it seems it's about run it's course and I doubt it'll ever be as popular as it was in the past

The only thing I see about WHT is they're a great learning tool for many people by reading what WHT used to be. The last few times I've been to WHT I saw nothing there that was worth revisiting for anymore.
I am curious about the mods blasting anyone over a positive review. Typically all they do is ask for verification via their reporting tool. Did your friend get banned because of the review?

I managed to get a ban a few months ago, shortly after making a not to flattering post about their compromised database (hey? Never did receive that notification kids).

Of course they came up with a different reason (one which even changed under questioning). What was it kids, a profile violation or duplicate user?

I'm still yet to see any evidence of this elusive second user of mine. Not that I expect I ever will.

To be honest I had just decided to give wht another go too, no big loss - more of an annoyance. Just a heads up of what to expect if you stray from the company line.

I managed to get a ban a few months ago, shortly after making a not to flattering post about their compromised database (hey? Never did receive that notification kids).

Of course they came up with a different reason (one which even changed under questioning). What was it kids, a profile violation or duplicate user?

I'm still yet to see any evidence of this elusive second user of mine. Not that I expect I ever will.

To be honest I had just decided to give wht another go too, no big loss - more of an annoyance. Just a heads up of what to expect if you stray from the company line.

They gave you evidence. Their "words" is the strongest evidence. If you bring the case to court, their "words" is accepted by the judge。 :D

If you bring the case to court, their "words" is accepted by the judge。 :D

No it will not be, they would have to show proper evidence and prove it was actually him that set up a second user.
and if you can show that they kept changing their reasons then they would not have a leg to stand on and you would win.

No it will not be, they would have to show proper evidence and prove it was actually him that set up a second user.
and if you can show that they kept changing their reasons then they would not have a leg to stand on and you would win.

When they have no reason, they will just keep silent without reply you anything.

Actually, I do know of one other member who was banned for nine hours. Some violation of the marketing rules. Oh yes, and one other that had been banned for a couple of years. Seems this provider hired a rep and he was using someone else's account (two reps under the same IP address). Don't know how they got unbanned, but they did.