Linux

Linux is about 85% more popular in the web hosting industry than windows. Only people who usually use windows is because of specific reasons.

I think linux is better, but that is because I understand it, and support it. I think you should base 'what is better' off of what you know. Do you know windows better than linux? That's what I would call better than, because you know how to use it, secure it, support it.

i agree with charlier. in my experience, a linux server runs much smoother than a windows server. Windows doesnt seem to release resources as well as linux does. We have linux machines that have been up for almost a year straight where as some windows servers need to be rebooted fairly often.

Linux is more cheap that Windows..
But for choose that, you must considering all factors..

Thanks and mybe it can help to make a decision...

Linux hosting is more user friendly. If the Linux hosting package is bundled with pre-install scripts, it is more easier to install than Windows hosting. Moreover, Linux hosting can support more open source application than Windows hosting. However, the Windows webmail interface has more features than Linux webmail. :p

In nutshall everything is depend on what are your requirements? Windows & Linux both have advantages & disadvantages. You need to choose as per your need.