Looking for a new web hosting company

webfly

I might want to switch web hosts but I'm not sure. I use Start Logic and even though I've never had a problem, they are the only one I've ever used and I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something. Anybody have a favorite?

Are your sites online?
I'm not sure what your logic is for wanting to move.

You've never had a problem with them yet you want to risk your sites by moving to another host?

As much as I'm not a fan of unlimited hosting I can't see a good reason to leave a host you are having no problems with.

Let us know what sort of budget you have and if you have any specific requirements. Perhaps we can recommend a few different providers to you

@webfly: I won't have moved my hosting had I not faced any problems over the years and a couple of extra dollars every month doesn't matter if you receive almost 100% uptime and quick service.

BTW, the above 3 comments looks spams.

I might want to switch web hosts but I'm not sure. I use Start Logic and even though I've never had a problem, they are the only one I've ever used and I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something. Anybody have a favorite?

If they have been a reliable company, why switch? :confused:

If you want to try other companies, I would recommend using an additional domain for testing purposes. If your current host is providing a good service and you've had no problems, I wouldn't just go and switch without testing other companies first.

You could always buy another shared hosting account and test it out with a host that has a money back guarantee. That way you can do a bit of a comparison, at least in terms of initial server performance, uptime and support.

Given my experience with Fatcow, which is owned by EIG like Startlogic, you might notice a significant server performance improvement with other hosts.

Maybe I worded that wrong. I don't want to switch and I don't need to switch, since I haven't had a problem. My bandwidth demands are low and the price is $5.95 month.

I was wondering if other companies had more things to offer or if all are pretty much the same.

I won't switch just for the sake of switching unless there was an advantage that's all.

Thanks for all the feedback.

the only advantage would be is save money but only if you pay annually. take for example plexihost where it's 30$ per year. or valcatohosting for their smallest package at 35$ per year.

Maybe I worded that wrong. I don't want to switch and I don't need to switch, since I haven't had a problem. My bandwidth demands are low and the price is $5.95 month.

I was wondering if other companies had more things to offer or if all are pretty much the same.

I won't switch just for the sake of switching unless there was an advantage that's all.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Please let us know about your experience with your current provider (specifically the cons or improvements that you'd like to see) - this will help us to let you know if it is possible for you to receive better service for the same price :)

Just go for ************ and hostgator.com.

MOD NOTE: Signature removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone. I have looked at some of the suggestions and I see that the pricing is much lower than I am paying now and they seem to have similar features. When my year ends I will definately look into saving some money. Thanks again

If your not having any problems with them right now, Then why is the need to switch and maybe running into those problems that you haven't ran into or even never thought hat could of happen?

Right now if your sites are safe and you feel that you don't need more resources then don't worry and don't switch.

I would have to agree with the opinion expressed that if you are not having problems with the services provided by your present host, then you must have other reasons for wanting to change, or it does not seem a logical move.

But there are a few viewpoints expressed here that puzzle me because it seems that nobody is placing their finger squarely on the problem -- the Terms of Service.

True, it's hyperbole to state your contract will allow "unlimited" this, that, or the other; but I would not state that is immediate grounds for running from that company, as long as some sort of stipulation is in the ToS that your account will not be deactivated because of high use of resources on a given server.

I'd say that if the ToS stipulates some sort of "unlimited" within the contract that you need to be sure you understand how the hosting company deals with a situation where you are putting such a load on a server that you are disrupting all sharing the server with you.

Of course, I assume we are discussing a shared arrangement, right?

I also feel bad when I read someone's view that even in some developing nations they should go ahead and fork over ten dollars a year to ensure that a domain name is safe from a fraudulent hosting company that may wish to keep you from exercising your rights with a domain name. I feel bad about that because it clearly shows that some folks don't get it. 10 dollars can go a long way in some places in the world. Obviously, some folks don't know what real poverty is.

Anyway, if one doesn't really know about such things by having actually lived in such places no amount of lecturing here will help.

What might be of some help, though, is some discussion of how to hold companies accountable for what they say they will do as compared to what they actually do.

When a company defecates on a customer there should be some manner in which to hold the executives of that company to the fire. There is way too much complacency, in my view, and the reason is that the very regulations that need to be built and enforced within the halls of legislature and justice are the very regulations that so many Internet entrepreneurs have an aversion to. We are still in the so-called Wild West days of the Net and there is way too much of the Jessie James mentality out there. It'll change, for sure.

Communities like this one could be the forerunners of that change.

Uh oh, my sincere apology. Seems I was not paying close enough attention and cross-threaded, so to speak.

The mention of spend 10 dollars to protect yourself even in a poor country post was not in this thread. My mistake.

I don't think it requires my post being deleted, though, does it? A thread can tangentate somewhat from the original intent if the OP does not mind, yes? (Nope, that verb isn't in the dictionary.)

Anyway, I'll let the Moderation Team decide how to handle my mistake. Sorry to cause extra trouble.

Thanks IkY0294. I agree. I usually don't switch from using any company that serves me well. I try to stay loyal.

There is a potential money savings, but there is also a saying that says "you get what you pay for". So I just need to decide whether the small savings is worth the hassle or risk.

Hi,

Let us know your requirements to host your site from your host. We will suggest you the best web host for you.