Looking for a new web hosting company

Its like someone else has said try someone new and if you don't like them. Then get you money back with in the frist 30 or 60 days.

When I first made this post, I hadn't had a problem. Since then my site has been invaded by a virus and a warning issued. I have contacted my host and they have not responded. I will have to call them, but last time I called I couldn't understand the operator very well.

After reading these posts, I also see I can save money. So now I am definitely considering a switch.

Go and find..

You can find a lot of reliable companies that offers better services. Switch to a company that has good feedback. All the best!

Hey Webfly, did you move to the new host yet? Was your host able to resolve the virus issue? Was it a real virus on your site or was it a defacement? (people often confuse ANY disruption as being a virus).

The one thing that I wanted to mention on this thread was not so much the moving to a new hosting company to save money, but rather the reputation that you've already built with an established company. Often hosts will be more lenient on someone who has been with them a year, 2 years, 7 years, than they would if the person was 1 or 3 months old. There are times when we work with customers who have been with us for many years, versus times when we're a little shorter with someone who started with us last week. This should be taken into consideration.

"big fish in a small bowl" - this is what everyone wants to be. When you move to a new host you become the "small fish in a big bowl" and now need to rebuild your reputation.

The last thing I wanted to mention was the pricing issue that you have brought up. If price is of a concern, talk to you host, see if they have a lower price they can offer. Never be afraid to ask, all they can say is no.

Up until your most recent response, I would have urged you to stay with your current host. If there are no problems and you're ok with the price being paid, then stay with the host. Many of the hosting companies on the web these days have the same features, the only thing that separates them is service & support.

I'd gladly pay the $5.95 that you were paying and not having any real issue to complain about (until recently), than paying $4.95 and potentially having problems. Is that $1.00 in savings really that important to potentially rock the boat and have your site going offline?

Well its all about finding the right company for you at the right price. Some companies sale unlimited web hosting for less than 3 dollars a month. Im sure you will find what you are looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett