No more tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilgina

I am finding that using tickets is a waste of time for my business. Maybe it works for some but I did the figures and I think I will save money by offering a live chat option. Now I just need to figure out what the best live chat option is! Heh.

I'd be careful. I think tickets are useful in keeping records of technical issues or disputes and in cases where there's no one waiting to answer someone's live chat request.

I am finding that using tickets is a waste of time for my business. Maybe it works for some but I did the figures and I think I will save money by offering a live chat option. Now I just need to figure out what the best live chat option is! Heh.

There are issues that are not suitable for helping by livechat.
Tickets are great, so you can update about issues.

I will look in to Livezilla and the other two. Thanks for the options. Are the last two like Livezilla or are they alternative ways to deal with issues that are not suitable for live chat?

I'd be careful. I think tickets are useful in keeping records of technical issues or disputes and in cases where there's no one waiting to answer someone's live chat request.

I agree. One great benefit to a ticketing system is that it provides a written record that is quick and easy for either party to refer to at anytime. If a client has a problem that happens again 6 months after an online chat it's a lot easier for them to refer to a ticket number than to reference an old chat that might not still be in log files and/or describe the issue all over again.

Similar can also be dealt with by a comprehensive and searchable FAQ. However, I do like that in livechat you can identify better, things that the client simply does not understand and so because of the lack of understanding is unable to actually tell you there is a problem with.

There are many times in chat that you will not be able to resolve a given issue.

It is common that the complex or time consuming support or service requests will be at the top of the list for benefiting from email support.

Whenever additional research is needed, when a customer is unable to wait in chat while you resolve their issue or when trying to better explain in detail the issue all are reasons to keep email support.

Good Luck

Sysaid css is a real good tool for your business for all support department. Livezilla is still a good option though

Offering live chat is great. But from a personal standpoint, I don't think it looks all that good when you visit a website offering live chat support, and it's offline.

I'd suggest offering live chat support for level 1 technical issues and sales, personally. Some things may take longer than others, which is why I suggest it (it's like being on hold.)

Yes that is the problem-with live chat support only, you have to make sure that there is always someone manning it, 24/7. If you are a small company that really that could be very hard to do.

All support requests should be logged in a ticket system even if your staff creates the ticket while on livechat or the telephone with the client. So many times you need those records later on and a history of what has gone on.

You should really offer both. Try using WHMCS where its built into your billing system so your not paying for seprate things. I use a combo of Live Chat and Ticket support and they both have their pros and cons.

In addition if you offer live chat how will u support all of your clients. The ticket system allows for someone to submit their problem at any point in time. With live chat you will have to be logged on at your computer 24/7 (or at least someone) and even if you can do that the bigger you will get, the more chats at one time.

In addition no having ticket support is a major blow in advertising to potential clients. ticket support is basically the defualt bare minimum option that every host has and is in a way a standard.

IMHO, maintaining a ticketing system is more professionally and overall easier to manage. It uses less man power to monitor a ticket queue rather then have someone taking support chats 247.

Also some things cannot be resolved right away or require escalation therefore tickets are more effective imho. Then again, Live Chat is good for sales but support should be ticketed.

Use both, Live chat and Support Ticket system.

Best Live Chat:

1. Live Zilla
2. Kayako(Paid)
3. Live Person

Ticket System:
1. Hesk
2. Inbuilt Billing System Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.