No more tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We use Zopim, and we are satisfied with it. Besides their service is affordable and has different packages depending on your business and the number of employees.

I'm not sure if you can handle every support issue via Live Chat alone. For instance, if a problem arises where you need to make server-wide changes, install updates which require 30-50 minutes of work in order to resolve the issue, will you keep the customer on Live Chat all this time?

Also, handling support via tickets has the advantage of working on things with a cool and clear head while with Live Chat, you will be constantly under pressure to reply especially when the client keeps pinging your chat window impatiently waiting for an update.

I am finding that using tickets is a waste of time for my business. Maybe it works for some but I did the figures and I think I will save money by offering a live chat option. Now I just need to figure out what the best live chat option is! Heh.

Perhaps having both options would be a good idea, especially if you have a customer worldwide, most of customers outside US, they prefer ticketing system than using live chat :)

Just another advise, if you are online 24hours, using live chat option would be a good idea, but if you are not, then you can combine using ticketing support to serve your clients whenever you are offline :)

Hey, not completely on post, but is anyone currently using the WHMCS partnered product of Stardevelop Live Chat?

We would like to know if its any value compared to the other mentioned here in this post?

Tickets arent for sure the fastest way but most stable and safe i would say. There is always a tough proof aswell just in case.

Support tickets are very important in order to have a "history" of problems or inquiries.

I agree you can use it for reference purposes in the future.

I recommend Kayako v4 for live chat software it is user friendly.

- Tickets (a must)
- Live Chat (a good medium to have, but even on live chat we have to sometimes ask clients to open tickets as some issues are better discussed on tickets)

I recently used Zopim and found it pretty good.

OP must have found the Live Chat software now. If not, you may try LivePerson. It is one of the best Paid software available.

If you are looking for Free software, LiveZilla and Zopim are good too :)

You need to keep records of issues anyway, so why not use tickets? Customer preference and live chat downtimes are two other good reasons to continue utilizing tickets.

I see nothing wrong with a combination of live chat and support tickets. The best part about having tickets is that there is recorded information and can at times be much more reliable than livechat and actually talking to the person.

I suppose LiveChat is fine for receiving answers to quick questions or trivial issues in terms of the hosting account, control panel, billing or quick sales question etc. However, if the client has a complex matter which requires the technician to logon their server so they may investigate, a ticket would be the ideal approach. The last thing any company would want is their client waiting on live chat while the support tech is trying to troubleshoot/resolve the issue at hand. At the end of the day, having both parties on the line for a longer than usual duration may cause frustration on both fronts. The client may be waiting impatiently while a specific daemon may be down and the other is working frenetically to keep the client happy:)

I would say; LiveChat and a Ticket System serve their purpose well :smash:

Regards,

I'd be careful. I think tickets are useful in keeping records of technical issues or disputes and in cases where there's no one waiting to answer someone's live chat request.

I agree.

Livechat can never replace ticketing system. OP will see the benefits of ticketing once he starts with "live chat only" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.