Places to Buy Domains

It really matters which domain registrar you use. Some registrars will hold your domain hostage, some will simply suspend it.

You also have to take into account the price for the domain, as well as customer service and the bundle of features.

Which brings me to my point: I recommend name.com. It offers domains at great prices, and comes bundled with Google Apps and privacy protection for free (most registrars add a fee).

name.com is always good. even comes with free whois privacy! the godaddy site is full of crap i don't need and the final checkout is always more money than i was expecting LOL

I'd suggest that you try ResellerClub..The deposit is slightlyon the higher side, if you ask me...but you get a supersite to retail from and good support too.. plus they constantly keep having good promos..

Registering the domain you want takes only minutes. After successful payment, the domain should be available almost instantly or within 24 hours, depending where you order from. Godaddy, Namecheap, and Name.com would be my picks. When the domain is active, you just need to change the nameservers on the domain to what was provided by your web host upon signup.

Lots of great recommendations. I agree with TopQHost.