The Planet

aznkid14

I use the planet servers, and they are the best servers I have ever gotten. The support is reliable and the servers are incredible. You should take a look because they offer a ton of different servers:
theplanet.com

And in another thread you started today, you're setting up your first one and asking which CP people think you should use, and in yet another thread you started today you're offering cPanel hosting.

*calm down man* ;)

And in another thread you started today, you're setting up your first one and asking which CP people think you should use, and in yet another thread you started today you're offering cPanel hosting.

Ahhh so I wasn't the only one. The posts seemed to have slowed down too once the offer was posted. How strange...hmmmm

Forgive my lack of too much knowledge on the rules of advertising here, doing more host-discussing than hosting-selling, would there be a min-post limit to the ad forums of oh-rough-guess looking at the above postcount of say - 10 ???

Well, there's not really a minimum post count as much as there is the requirement of spending 50 post points to acquire the ability of posting offers in the Market Place.

The Planet's servers and network was nice. The only problem we had with them was they tried to double bill us, and then refused to fix it.

ANMMark said:
The Planet's servers and network was nice. The only problem we had with them was they tried to double bill us, and then refused to fix it.

any reason why they do this??

Erm, to rip you off maybe? Its really bad businessman-ship, but I suppose they cant all be as good as me! *waits for Sr. ldcdc to edit post*
The billing issue might have been a software problem, but to refuse to fix it is asking to lose clients.

Regards,

Erm, to rip you off maybe? Its really bad businessman-ship, but I suppose they cant all be as good as me! *waits for Sr. ldcdc to edit post*
The billing issue might have been a software problem, but to refuse to fix it is asking to lose clients.

Indeed. We had only purchased a server from them as a backup at the time (seperate network, etc), and this of course did cause us to cancel the server.

I gotta say ThePlanet has been the only truly reliable datacenter to me. I'm having a hard time spreading my servers between two datacenters because I can't really find anything truly compareable.

Hi guys.

I'm new here, just found this site tonight, so far it looks like a great place.

To answer eglim's question, I have a server with The Planet right now and getting ready to pickup 2 more before the end of the month. I'm extremely pleased with them. The hardware and the network seem to be top notched. I've been with them since April, 2004.

One of the servers that I'm going to get by months end is their MatriXtreme 2.8 Plus, 20MB Unmetered.

Can you list one of your sites hosted with them, or on a server powered by them?
I won't list my hosting site, but one of my personal sites is www.phpnukefiles.com

ANMMark, I've read in the forums of ServerMatrix (to those who don't know, they are owned by The Planet), that others have had the double bill problem before. I hope they fixed the billing issue for you.

Anyways, just wanted to say Hi to everyone and give my opinion of The Planet.

Viper

Viper, welcome to HD and thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience with TP. :)

I can't comment much on their hardware, because we colo, but the connection and speed of reboots is great with TP.

Simon

Viper, welcome to HostingDiscussion. Its good to hear from someone who 'has' actually used them. I hope you enjoy your experience here at HostingDiscussion.
Regards,
~Equinox