The Planet

eglim said:
any one other have experience with theplanet.com? I also hear good thing about them.

If this counts... i have delt with tomsyer... they are in theplanet's dc and i was 100% happy with the bandwidth!

Simon said:
I can't comment much on their hardware, because we colo, but the connection and speed of reboots is great with TP.

Simon

Can you tell me. Do they not have remote reboot... do you have to submit a ticket / call for a reboot?

block9hosting said:
Can you tell me. Do they not have remote reboot... do you have to submit a ticket / call for a reboot?
Yes, they have a reboot console, but we don't use it. Power cycling is a server-killer.

Manual reboots take 5-10 minutes at the most, at all times of any day, so are certainly the way to go, in my opinion anyway.

Simon

I currently have a server in The Planet and I have to say, with their recent datacenter upgrade it is even better then it used to be.

On Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 we will be conducting site-wide network maintenance beginning at 10:59PM local time (US-Mountain - GMT-0700) to cut site traffic over to the new redundant fiber ring directly between the DLLSTX4 and the DLLSTX3 Internet POP site. The systems are already in place and currently being tested to ensure that the ring is operating without issue prior to cutover.

This has resulted in better ping times even in the time of a huge network load, ThePlanet is the best datacenter in my option out there. If you wanna look at my uptime stats at: http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics.php?Id=17876&&UserId=22042

MOD NOTE: Post edited. Promotion for the purpose of gaining some kind of referral credit is still promotion. We rely on your further cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett