Which datacentre is best

chrisj383

Hi,

I'm currently with a datacentre in Dallas, Texas (can it remember the name of it) :rolleyes2

Which datacentre do you think is the best, which give you the best support.

Also if you can help me think of the name of the datacentre i'm with i would be a big help.

Chris

chrisj383 said:
Also if you can help me think of the name of the datacentre i'm with i would be a big help

:rolleyes2

You can't remember where your server is? Did you take that server from that data center directly? There are many data centers at Dallas area. Some of them:

DataBank
ThePlanet
LayeredTech (Savvis)
Colo4Dallas

I might be wrong on some of them, but they are within Texas anyway. :)

Regards,

I worked only with ThePlanet data center, therefore I can't tell who from them the best. But ThePlanet is a good service and excellent support.

Apolo said:
I might be wrong on some of them, but they are within Texas anyway.
Don't forget Softlayer :p

Which datacentre is best

Quoting your subject, it is impossible to give you a definate answer. It is a matter of taste and requirements just as how you like your Steak.

If you can provide your requirements and budget I'm sure one of us on this forum can help you find a provider that meets your needs as a customer.

I do not think there is any one datacenter that is the best for everyone. For example Colo4dallas is a great datacenter, but if you live in Atlanta Gnax (also great) is probably better for you.

We use 56 MARIETTA owned by Telex located in Atlanta, GA. It is a carrier neutral data center with over 60 fiber providers located in the building. They have a great building and security. I personaly do not like theplanet since they dont allow true colocations when it comes to buying racks. Hope you find a good place.

The Planet tends to have issues many times over, so I switched over to Gnax a few years back and I have never been happier.

We use Gnax and ThePlanet (US) as well as Bluesquare and Interxion (UK) - all of which are very good dc's.

The only annoying problems we have had with Gnax was the random power outage when the generators refused to come online (so much for redundancy). There was also a network issue with one of the carriers not properly routing packets but that was resolved fairly quickly.

I do find it quite odd that you don't know the facility your located in...

Rob, I thought that was fixed with Gnax a couple of months back when they were adding on new housing units to get everything organized and correct?

We use Gnax and ThePlanet (US) as well as Bluesquare and Interxion (UK) - all of which are very good dc's.

The only annoying problems we have had with Gnax was the random power outage when the generators refused to come online (so much for redundancy). There was also a network issue with one of the carriers not properly routing packets but that was resolved fairly quickly.

I do find it quite odd that you don't know the facility your located in...

our generators at the atlantanap have never failed to start. where did you get that false information from?

We use Fremont, California owned by Peer1 better known as HostCentric.

And one in the UK Maidenhead, Berkshire, I would recommend them!

:)

I used to cooperate with Caro datacentre (the location is in Charlotte, North Carolina)

I must say that their dedicated servers are rather reliable