Which datacentre is best

Most often, the "best" datacenter for you will end up being the "best" you can find that is at least somewhat local to you. Colo, especially if it is going to be of any size would need to be fairly local. This isn't always the case, I know, but if you require a lot of hands on, remote hands can be expensive.

i like the planets dc. seems to be the best of most of the dcs. Also i have only heard bad about softlayer and layered tech

theplanet

we have been using theplanet.com since 3 years and have always liked their service and uptime[except for the fire incident in 08].
with their On Demand IT facilities you can grow at your own rate because of the scalability factor.

theplanet

we have been using theplanet.com since 3 years and have always liked their service and uptime[except for the fire incident in 08].
with their On Demand IT facilities you can grow at your own rate because of the scalability factor.

sohail roshni:thumbup:

We've used Colo4Dallas along with a data center in Southern California that was local to us. We've also worked with Rackshack/ev1/Theplanet for almost 8 years. With more than 200 servers with The Planet currently, we're a VERY happy customer with their service. If you go to The Planet, you'll even see a Customer Video Testimonial from me with regards to their service on a recent trip to their center. Couldn't be happier!

Itsn't there more to just a datacenter? i mean i could be a nice or good datacenter but charge outrageous prices for bandwidth/.

Peer1 - has lots of data centers to choose from - not known for hosting - but we have over 100 servers spread accross 3 data centers in the US and have worked out a great relationship now - so we have Gig-E private back bone to all our servers and we have our own class C that they help manage - for one server not sure as they are pricey - we did a massive migration a few years back and they have been excellent -- in the UK we blue square and the dury is still out on that one for now --

I second ThePlanet. They are very good at what they do. If you are in the Houston area, take a look inside their corporate office downtown.

We have servers at The Planet, Liquid Web and Net Depot - Atlanta. All have been solid and no issues. When it comes down to fairness in price I like Net Depot's buy down approach. You can put more money up front on set up to bring the monthly price including buy downs on hard drives and memory. They offer a fair buy down price that is not inflated.

Customer service for all three have been excellent and not once have we found something to complain about. Liquid Web does pack great support built in to their price.

not sure if its been added but if not, BlueSquare, a great UK datacenter.. a lot of hosting including myself are based there and many UK game server providers :)