Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

Hosting Discussion > Web Hosting Forums > Essential Software & Control Panels > cPanel to start requiring licenses for DNSonly
forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 12:06 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 128

Status: zomgmike is offline
cPanel is giving fewer and fewer reasons to use them as time goes on.

Free or lower cost alternatives are now my first thought rather than cPanel. This just adds to the dogpile of reasons to consider going another route. I recently had a good experience with centos-webpanel.com, which is free.
__________________
Sharktech - VPS, Colocation, and Dedicated servers
Mike Gazzerro
Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, Amsterdam
Have your own ASN? Let us scrub your traffic. We have the best DDOS protection.
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 12:24 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,151
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgmike View Post
cPanel is giving fewer and fewer reasons to use them as time goes on.

Free or lower cost alternatives are now my first thought rather than cPanel. This just adds to the dogpile of reasons to consider going another route. I recently had a good experience with centos-webpanel.com, which is free.
yes, but they are still the number 1 choice.

yes CWP is good and allows you to migrate cpanel accounts
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 12:24 PM
HD Master
 
Harv45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 251

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgmike View Post
cPanel is giving fewer and fewer reasons to use them as time goes on.

Free or lower cost alternatives are now my first thought rather than cPanel. This just adds to the dogpile of reasons to consider going another route. I recently had a good experience with centos-webpanel.com, which is free.
But sadly it still not a "drop in" replacement of Cpanel. I still don't even get how to do multi PHP for example on that awkward panel.

But with time I hoping a paid opensource panel does come along just like how Blesta monetize.
__________________
Humane Hosting proudly providing simple, quality, and supportive website hosting!
We are also now proudly providing domains!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 01:01 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,151
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post

But with time I hoping a paid opensource panel does come along just like how Blesta monetize.
Thing with Blesta is that its a 1 man operation otherwise it could be a great platform
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 01:03 PM
HD Master
 
Harv45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 251

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
Thing with Blesta is that its a 1 man operation otherwise it could be a great platform
Excuse me? But I know for a fact that there are more than one person doing it.

As much as I dislike some of what Blesta is not doing, that still doesn't give us the rights to slander them though.
__________________
Humane Hosting proudly providing simple, quality, and supportive website hosting!
We are also now proudly providing domains!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 01:13 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,871

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
Thing with Blesta is that its a 1 man operation otherwise it could be a great platform
You are a 1 man operation as well, as you mentioned a number of times. Being a 1 man operation is not a bad thing (which we don't even know if that is the case with Blesta), it all comes down to how that 1 man is running the show.

You've done and continue to do well for yourself. So can other people, too.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 01:26 PM
HD Master
 
Harv45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 251

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
You are a 1 man operation as well, as you mentioned a number of times. Being a 1 man operation is not a bad thing (which we don't even know if that is the case with Blesta), it all comes down to how that 1 man is running the show.

You've done and continue to do well for yourself. So can other people, too.
It's not, you can easily visit their public forums for proof of them being more than just one guy working on the core billing platform.
__________________
Humane Hosting proudly providing simple, quality, and supportive website hosting!
We are also now proudly providing domains!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 01:56 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,151
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
You are a 1 man operation as well, as you mentioned a number of times. Being a 1 man operation is not a bad thing (which we don't even know if that is the case with Blesta), it all comes down to how that 1 man is running the show.

You've done and continue to do well for yourself. So can other people, too.
yes too true
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 01:57 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,151
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Excuse me? But I know for a fact that there are more than one person doing it.

As much as I dislike some of what Blesta is not doing, that still doesn't give us the rights to slander them though.
I have a Blesta owned licence and resell Blesta
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 09:32 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 351
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
yes, but they are still the number 1 choice.
This depends on your locale. In certain countries, Plesk is.
__________________
Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
Check out my WHMCS Addons
+1 - 866-546-8914 / skype - admin_139201 / twitter/facebook - @whmcsguru
 
 
 


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 09:38 PM
HD Master
 
Harv45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 251

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
This depends on your locale. In certain countries, Plesk is.
Which had their share of junks. Out of all of them they raised prices without respecting their existing customer base.

I believe they did that because they can due to the limited competition.
__________________
Humane Hosting proudly providing simple, quality, and supportive website hosting!
We are also now proudly providing domains!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   02-14-2018, 03:27 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,151
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
This depends on your locale. In certain countries, Plesk is.
But on a world wide scale Cpanel is the number 1 panel
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #28 (permalink)   02-14-2018, 03:29 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,151
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Which had their share of junks. Out of all of them they raised prices without respecting their existing customer base.

I believe they did that because they can due to the limited competition.
Also Cpanel has 1 price while Plesk scale their pricing depending on how many accounts you have.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #29 (permalink)   02-14-2018, 10:53 AM
HD Master
 
Harv45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 251

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
Also Cpanel has 1 price while Plesk scale their pricing depending on how many accounts you have.
Absolutely but comparing their "unlimited" to Cpanel licensing is like $5-$10 difference now with their new prices (if not more).

Unless I missed anything or got the numbers off Cpanel will still be the "go to". Unless a competitor springs into action to compete with these platforms.
__________________
Humane Hosting proudly providing simple, quality, and supportive website hosting!
We are also now proudly providing domains!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #30 (permalink)   02-14-2018, 11:11 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,151
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Absolutely but comparing their "unlimited" to Cpanel licensing is like $5-$10 difference now with their new prices (if not more).

Unless I missed anything or got the numbers off Cpanel will still be the "go to". Unless a competitor springs into action to compete with these platforms.
Big Difference

Plesk Prices for a VPS monthly

WEB ADMIN EDITION
10/mo ($13.96)
10 domains
WordPress Toolkit 2.0 SE

WEB PRO EDITION
15/mo ($20.93)
30 domains
WordPress Toolkit 2.0
Developer Pack
Subscription Management
Account Management

WEB HOST EDITION
25/mo ($34.89)
Unlimited domains
WordPress Toolkit 2.0
Developer Pack
Subscription Management
Account Management
Reseller Management

cPanel for VPS

14.33/mo ($20)
Unlimited Domains
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to easyhostmedia For This Useful Post:
Harv45 (02-14-2018)
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: