What Forum software do you prefer?

genesis

There are a host of Foruming software's in the market today.
some of them free to implement and some charge you for commercial utilization.
Which one do you prefer using out of the following Bunch?

1.PHPbb
2.Vbulliten
3.Simple machines
4.Vanilla
5.Punbb
6.Drupal
7.IceBB

I personally prefer using PHPbb.

Hello,

If you have the money Vbulliten is what you need. I do believe its $100.00 for a year. And if you think about it $100.00 for a wonderful forum script is pretty reasonable. Best of luck to you.

I perfer IPB. It is easy to use. I love the admin area. So well coded, and everything is easy to find. This makes my job easier.

I like SMF the best and use it for most random projects I have. PHPBB is easy to hack you are right and for that reason I will not use it, I also really do not like the ACP. VB is okay, but I am not willing to pay for something I do not need, I am sure it suits many just not me. As for the others, none are really pleasing to my eyes.

vB is good and phpbb is good as well. I used to use phpbb exclusively but we kept getting a bunch of spammers/bots sign up and post annoying things.

When we switched to vB, we saw a decline in that. We still get random dumb signups, but they don't do anything, just idle users. So, no complaints there.

I used to use punbb but they seem to be dropping off abit & updates & support can be slow.
Now I use MYbb, they are fresh on the updates & the tech support on the forum is busy & helpful.
When I look for forum software Im always looking at the one with a strong development team & following which is unlikely to fold & leave me with an out of date forum.
For this I now choose MY bb.

We are currently using Vbulliten which is best for for a large community, however anyone looking for free version, I would recommend phpBB 3 because we have used it earlier and found it best among other free forum software's. :)

IPB was mentioned in the replies but not the list, but this is my preference for a paid forum. It is incredibly powerful and yet user friendly in my experience, and makes changes easy.

Simple Machines is the better free forum because of the lower risk, and Vanilla just drives me insane! I can't stand it!

I hear a ton of people talking about Drupal and when there is a change, everything is a pain to upgrade. Anyone here using it by chance who could voice their thoughts on it?

Been using vBulletin for the longest time now, it's a very solid piece of software and would recommend them over the rest.

phpbb3 and smf are good free ones.

IPB is, I think, a little more confusing to use, I'd go wth vBulleting for anything, it's easy to use and easy to customize.

phpbb2 has quite a history of security vulnerabilities due to the fact that it was poorly coded, phpbb3 looks a bit better (code wise) still it's not as trustworthy as vBulletin and IPB. Recently SMF had a sudden outbreak of security vulnerabilities, so my advice is to go with a paid commercial product if you're serious about your forum.