Google Analytics Question (Goal Conversions & Tracking URLs)

edmond dantes

I have a question regarding Google Analytic's completed goal conversions on how to track the referring urls of the visitors that complete a goal on my site.
I have a goal/funnel setup from the entrance into our site, through our registration and order page to a success page. I also have the same goal setup but it logs the conversion rate of the number of contact forms completed. I can see how many goals were completed but I can not view the original referring urls/sites that completed these goals.
My question: How can I back out one more step at the top of the funnel so I can see what referring sites bring visitors in that complete the goal (order a product)?
Any help with this or if someone could point me to material on how I could accomplish this, it would be greatly appreciated!

edmond - you're going to have to setup a custom report to do this. Go to Custom Reporting > +Create a New Custom Report.

For "Metrics" add in "Goal1 Completion" (assuming Goal1 is the one you want to measure). For "Dimension" add in "Source". That should do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett