How to know the hosting promise are perfect.

Anikit

Recently i had a word with hostindia.net(https://www.hostindia.net/) sales team for a hosting plan and the plan was good, but when I ask about the bandwidth limit they inform me it is unmetered, but I though it means unlimited.
After that my sites run good for few months and after that my site goes down some long time when I asked the reason they inform me that my web hosting plan was running out of bandwidth I asked them for more bandwidth but they are suggesting me to go for another hosting plan. They will not provide or I can't purchase more bandwidth for that particular plan.
This not the only company i an struggling. Before that i had very experience with bigrock, godaddy and especially hostingraja, this company is a cheat company.

On shared hosting domains which are consuming larger bandwidth can create problem for server performance.
Considering this aspect hositng providers reluctant to increase the bandwidth of such domains.

If the traffic on website is legitimate then it is better to move it on cloud or dedicated hosting where you will get more bandwidth as opposed to shared hosting.

Recently i had a word with hostindia.net(https://www.hostindia.net/) sales team for a hosting plan and the plan was good, but when I ask about the bandwidth limit they inform me it is unmetered, but I though it means unlimited.
After that my sites run good for few months and after that my site goes down some long time when I asked the reason they inform me that my web hosting plan was running out of bandwidth I asked them for more bandwidth but they are suggesting me to go for another hosting plan. They will not provide or I can't purchase more bandwidth for that particular plan.
This not the only company i an struggling. Before that i had very experience with bigrock, godaddy and especially hostingraja, this company is a cheat company.

How much bandwidth do you used? I see their plan price is not sustainable. You can read TOS before purchase, so you can know the limit.

There is nothing such as unemtered/unlimited always there is some hidden limits within tos, make sure to read tos carefully with such providers.

There is nothing such as unemtered/unlimited always there is some hidden limits within tos, make sure to read tos carefully with such providers.

Those so-called hidden limits are also found with limited hosts, and just as hidden. Does that mean there is no such thing as the quota limits in their hosting plans?

Last edited:
Its hard to have unmetered anything where resource is concerned. I know we also have plans with un metred resources BUT we are open enough to tell you that on a port of say 100MBit/s your resource is unmitred. Unlimited in many hosting company context is not infinite and you should always what the context of their unlimited is. If they are honest enough the host will always tell you.

Check on Google as well as check from how long they are on as well as there is no unlimited i.e there should be some tos behind it

There should be some acceptable use policy while you offer any unlimited package, say bandwidth. A user can enjoy this feature unless and untill his/her website do not affect server performance and cause any service interruption to other hosted users.

Unlimited does not mean infinite in today's web hosting language. Make a mistake to confuse the two and you will always get disappointed. A service provider should however be very honest to reveal what they term unlimited.

I do agree with Collabora here in that the Terms of Service for those providers that offer unlimited disk space and bandwidth very often contain the same verbiage as providers that advertise caps.

There actually are some hosts who actually advertise Unmetered usage correctly.

Unmetered resource means you can use as much of that resource Unless you hit another limit.

TRULY unmetered bandwidth is sold by the Mbps and rarely in Gbps. Meaning if you get a unmetered 100Mbps uplink to a server of your then you should be able to have as much bandwidth as a 100Mbps uplink can splits out (that is around 33TB per month if your having that port beaten to "hell").

TRULY unmetered bandwidth is sold by the Mbps and rarely in Gbps. Meaning if you get a unmetered 100Mbps uplink to a server of your then you should be able to have as much bandwidth as a 100Mbps uplink can splits out (that is around 33TB per month if your having that port beaten to "hell").

Now that is the part many clients miss.

But if it is shared hosting (as in the case of OP) that 100Mbps (X Gbps) link is shared among all customers. In the case of shared then, unmetered bandwidth is identical to unlimited bandwidth. EVEN IN THOSE CASES, ITS NOT REALLY BANDWIDTH WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, ITS DATA TRANSFER

But if it is shared hosting (as in the case of OP) that 100Mbps (X Gbps) link is shared among all customers. In the case of shared then, unmetered bandwidth is identical to unlimited bandwidth. EVEN IN THOSE CASES, ITS NOT REALLY BANDWIDTH WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, ITS DATA TRANSFER

Exactly which is why it wrongly marketed much of the time even at some VPS providers. If your going to say "unmetered" bandwidth then actually state the cap transfer rate PER ACCOUNT/VPS or whatever.

Exactly which is why it wrongly marketed much of the time even at some VPS providers. If your going to say "unmetered" bandwidth then actually state the cap transfer rate PER ACCOUNT/VPS or whatever.

Dedicated too. You can have a 1 Gbps card but the switch can crank it down to 80 Mbps. But at least its 80 dedicated and you can plan on it

Alway go for company which have plan stated clear on the bandwidth limit. Do alway remember there is nothing come unmetered especially on bandwidth and diskspace.