How to know the hosting promise are perfect.

We offer "Unmetered" plans on our VPSs, but they have limited bandwidth (in the real sense).

i.e. a very small box has a 10Mb/s link, but can do that constantly if they wish.

Most people with a decent VPS don't come close to their limit.

It's not unlimited, but since we've limited the amount you can transfer per second, we don't care how constantly you using it.

If your site or domain uses a large amount of data or bandwidth to and from the server on a shared account it can affect the performance of the server and in turn the websites of other users on the server.

It is best to ask yourself is my type of website going to be using a lot of bandwidth and will this remain the same or increase in the future.

If your answer is that your website could increase in the future then it is best to move to vps/dedi that will allow your site to grow steadily.

On top of that, if you don't agree with some of the terms (even one), what is really the option?
And on top of that :)

If you've the mindset of a lawyer and took the time to read and then agree to the terms (probably under duress), you' can then expect these type of notices:
We’ve updated our terms of service to reflect blah, blah, blah... if you don't accept the changes, please click here to close your account.

You’re right. No real option.

If you've the mindset of a lawyer and took the time to read and then agree to the terms (probably under duress), you' can then expect these type of notices:
We’ve updated our terms of service to reflect blah, blah, blah... if you don't accept the changes, please click here to close your account.

You’re right. No real option.

How can you be under duress to read the TOS of any online site. you chose to read them or not, no one actually forces you to read them.

Yes you will most likely have to tick a box to say you have read and understood the TOS, but you have a choice to either tick the box and continue with the purchase or not tick the box and end the process without making the purchase.

How can you be under duress to read the TOS of any online site...
My post was an acknowledgement / agreement of @Artashes point of view:
"On top of that, if you don't agree with some of the terms (even one), what is really the option?"

"if you've the mindset of a lawyer and took the time to read and then agree to the terms (probably under duress)"

The duress being if you don't agree with the terms, then you can't use the service. I'd guess that many of us agree to ToS with clauses that otherwise would be against our better judgement but If you need those services, you accept them (under duress).

The duress being if you don't agree with the terms, then you can't use the service.

Legally speaking (since we are talking about contracts) duress is unlawful pressure exerted upon a person to coerce that person to perform an act that he or she ordinarily would not perform.

[...]
you' can then expect these type of notices:

So so true! These companies have got us by the... man parts. :help:

Legally speaking (since we are talking about contracts) duress is unlawful pressure exerted upon a person to coerce that person to perform an act that he or she ordinarily would not perform.
OK, I've probably used the wrong term. I used duress for agreeing to something against my better judgement. If legally it means being contractually coerced, I stand (sit) corrected.

OK, I've probably used the wrong term. I used duress for agreeing to something against my better judgement. If legally it means being contractually coerced, I stand (sit) corrected.
This is the actual meaning

duress
djʊ(ə)ˈrɛs,ˈdjʊərɛs/Submit
noun
threats, violence, constraints, or other action used to coerce someone into doing something against their will or better judgement.
"confessions extracted under duress"
synonyms: coercion, compulsion, force, pressure, pressurization, intimidation, threats, constraint, enforcement, exaction; informalarm-twisting
"their confessions were extracted under duress"
LAW
constraint illegally exercised to force someone to perform an act.
archaic
forcible restraint or imprisonment.

Most web host says that their plans are unlimited or unmetered but it can't be true. Bandwidth is like disk space, it's never an unlimited ressource. There is "always" a cap.

It's always a good idea to check with the hosting company concerning " Unlimited bandwidth " to find the real numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett