I hate webhostingtalk

enomyn

Hate webhostingtalk policy. They only allow premium or corporate member to do the recommendation. If you are non - membership member, they will said you self promote and BAN your ID

Well I happen to use office internet and so does a workmate in the same office. And WHT decided that it was one person using both accounts and therefore banned us for life. Of course We tried to explain even offered they block one if they wanted BUT they wouldn't listen. We gladly left and very happy with HD since then.

Do agree that they are not neutral。 I am thinking to get a vps from one of the corporate member to setup the vpn, and do the recommendation, not sure will ban me or not. haha

Hate webhostingtalk policy. They only allow premium or corporate member to do the recommendation. If you are non - membership member, they will said you self promote and BAN your ID

As far as I remember, self-recommendations aren't allowed for anyone, regardless of the status. We have the same rule here.
If a company sponsors you and asks for a recommendation in exchange, it might also not be allowed because you are getting something in return for the recommendation.
If the recommendation comes from your personal desire to write a review, there is nothing wrong with that.

However, when a new member posts a review, you have to understand this will raise attention and questions will be asked. When it happens here, apart from the reviewer herself/himself, I investigate the host: check how long the company has been in business for, what kind of publicity it had, among other things I don't want to name here that turned out to be quite effective - all in order to see if the review is legitimate enough.

There is no preferential treatment of Premium and Corporate Members on WHT. No one there is allowed to self advertise. When WHT was hacked in 2009, I found Hosting Discussion and have been here ever since. I am, however, very active on WHT and other forums. There's no doubt in my mind that Hosting Discussion and WHT are the two best webhosting forums on the Internet.

The way i see it on WHT if you recommend a host then you have to verify to the mods that you are or have been a client of their.

Well I happen to use office internet and so does a workmate in the same office. And WHT decided that it was one person using both accounts and therefore banned us for life. Of course We tried to explain even offered they block one if they wanted BUT they wouldn't listen. We gladly left and very happy with HD since then.

I am banned on WHT for life and i did nothing wrong. I warned WHT users of a client who i terminated for non payment who then abused me via various methods and threatened to DDOS my server if i did not hand him my server passwords. he then abused and insulted me on WHT and i was the one banned and he is still a WHT member.
This same person set up a mywot campaign against me and if anyone defended me he abused and insulted them saying it was just me using a different name.
It ended up with me having to change business names which cost me a small fortune

As far as I remember, self-recommendations aren't allowed for anyone, regardless of the status. We have the same rule here.
If a company sponsors you and asks for a recommendation in exchange, it might also not be allowed because you are getting something in return for the recommendation.
If the recommendation comes from your personal desire to write a review, there is nothing wrong with that.

However, when a new member posts a review, you have to understand this will raise attention and questions will be asked. When it happens here, apart from the reviewer herself/himself, I investigate the host: check how long the company has been in business for, what kind of publicity it had, among other things I don't want to name here that turned out to be quite effective - all in order to see if the review is legitimate enough.

I know self-recommendation is not allow. I feel good with my vendor, so i am just make the recommendation. and the WHT Cow do not listen at all. fine, i quit then.

Last edited:
anyway, this was happened at 2 years ago. recently just found this forum, i just let ppl know on this.

I am banned on WHT for life and i did nothing wrong. I warned WHT users of a client who i terminated for non payment who then abused me via various methods and threatened to DDOS my server if i did not hand him my server passwords. he then abused and insulted me on WHT and i was the one banned and he is still a WHT member.
This same person set up a mywot campaign against me and if anyone defended me he abused and insulted them saying it was just me using a different name.
It ended up with me having to change business names which cost me a small fortune

why need to change name because of him. I dont think WHT is the right place to make the business. Too many competitors there. 2 years ago when i still a hosting provider, i lazy to post advertisement there too.

why need to change name because of him. I dont think WHT is the right place to make the business. Too many competitors there. 2 years ago when i still a hosting provider, i lazy to post advertisement there too.

he attacked me and my business on my forums and review sites and on a personal level. he even tried to attack me on the WHMCS forum hoping to get me kicked off that forum, but it failed as the mod team saw right through him.

he keeps saying that i published his details on a forum which is a 100% lie and other just follow him like lapdogs i even had someone attack me on mcafee site advisor by saying they has bad shopping experiences and they stated this for every domain i owned, even domains that never had websites.

still have small issues with my current site mentioned on some of these sites saying i changed business names to avoid the law.

but if i had published his details on a forum i wonder why he never reported me under the Data Protection Act ( maybe because it is false and he had no evidence), which i have the evidence he failed to pay for his hosting so was terminated.
His own site asks users to agree to his TOS when they order form him, but these are not listed on his site, so you have to agree to something you cant check beforehand. Also he states he is a limited company when he is not

he attacked me and my business on my forums and review sites and on a personal level. he even tried to attack me on the WHMCS forum hoping to get me kicked off that forum, but it failed as the mod team saw right through him.

he keeps saying that i published his details on a forum which is a 100% lie and other just follow him like lapdogs i even had someone attack me on mcafee site advisor by saying they has bad shopping experiences and they stated this for every domain i owned, even domains that never had websites.

still have small issues with my current site mentioned on some of these sites saying i changed business names to avoid the law.

but if i had published his details on a forum i wonder why he never reported me under the Data Protection Act ( maybe because it is false and he had no evidence), which i have the evidence he failed to pay for his hosting so was terminated.
His own site asks users to agree to his TOS when they order form him, but these are not listed on his site, so you have to agree to something you cant check beforehand. Also he states he is a limited company when he is not

We should not afraid of this kind of clients. As long as you have your points, you sue him back if trying to break your reputation.

In our case however much we explained ourselves out there was no one willing to listen to our story and we gladly left. And there was no case of self promotion in our case BUT they said we broke the law of having one account and they believed it was one person instead of two workmates.

In our case however much we explained ourselves out there was no one willing to listen to our story and we gladly left. And there was no case of self promotion in our case BUT they said we broke the law of having one account and they believed it was one person instead of two workmates.

Once they banned you for life, they will not listen anything. they will know responsible what their wrong. Better ignore.

Once they banned you for life, they will not listen anything. they will know responsible what their wrong. Better ignore.

You haven't really explained what happened to you yet, just that you hate their policy. Did you recommend a company you are affiliated with? I doubt they would just ban you (if that is what happened) for no reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting