Page Rank and its influence on Google rankings!

andreyknure

I would like to raise one of the most arguable questions nowadays – page rank and the impact it has on website ranking positions in Google! I think page rank has not a direct impact on Google algorithm today! Even if it does this influence is much lower today! What do you think about this question? Do you agree with me? If not let’s start discussing this interesting topic!

I know our own page rank has dropped in years (from a 6 to a 4), but we still rank well in google for a number of the terms in the market we are after. Google continues to change how they evaluate sites etc, and while our pagerank has decreased, I don't think it's playing much of a role.

for me Page Rank is just a green bar in your Google toolbar enabled browser.
but I must say having a high Page Rank has It's own benefits,Like other website's link to you seeing that Google recognizes the web page as authority and a genuine source.

Its funny our PR rank at one time from 6 to zero in 45 days last year - we made a change to our front main page and poof --
however, we noticed nothing happened with terms etc - and now its back up to 4 and we no longer worry about - so i will assume it is not what it used to be

I stopped worrying about PageRank pretty much the month it started to gain popularity and talk as for me it is a sign of absolutely nothing.

I have seen low PR pages with wonderful content and I have seen high PR websites that were full of garbage, pop-ups, tons of banners, doxens of low-end text-links, hundreds of script-modified articles and malicious programs wanting to be installed on your machines. So it means nothing to me. What matters is the content.

I have to agree that PR doesn't reflect SERP values. As with the recent Google update, one of my sites has been a PR2 for the last 2 toolbar updates. Here is an image of the serps for a popular key phrase, showing the stats increasing without any PR change:

Attachments

• stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
It should have some minor effect in SERPs because if you loss PR means you're also losing quality backlinks so it may effect your ranking in google. :uhh:

Last edited:
No observable influence in my experience. This seems to be a popular topic in this forum. :)

It should have some minor effect in SERPs because if you loss PR means you're also losing quality backlinks so it may effect your ranking in google. :uhh:

If PageRank were actually representative of the quality or number of backlinks a site has, I would agree. Lately this does not seem to be the case at all.

PR has effect on SERP, but not significant. As when your site PR drop, it means it might have lost some backlinks which could affect your Google ranking.

As a SEO Consultant i can guarantee Google page rank is just one factor used to evaluate a website's ranking for a particular keyword or phrase. That doesn't mean that it is not important. A good page rank means, there are many websites that considers your site valuable. What is valuable to them will be valuable to google. So build links, as many as you can.

As a SEO Consultant i can guarantee Google page rank is just one factor used to evaluate a website's ranking for a particular keyword or phrase. That doesn't mean that it is not important. A good page rank means, there are many websites that considers your site valuable. What is valuable to them will be valuable to google. So build links, as many as you can.

Yes, PR is just one of the many factors that decide your website's ranking. But in reality, high PR websites are easier to build links on - and links are crucial for a website's ranking.

In other words, Google PR is important. It doesn't affect a website's ranking directly but the indirect impact is huge.

hey every one !
i also having the same problem with my side...the PR has dropped and iw as kind of confused that what exactly happened thanks to all of u for making it so much clear for me......:)