What's your support preference

I agree tickets are the best not only giving a record, but can link to that clients account.

dont mind emails, but wont accept support requests over the phone as its harder to diagnose or get solutions across, such as explaining to a client how they can setup emails or flush DNS. in a ticket or email you can point them to a youtube video or prvide a link to instructions etc.

I guess it really comes down to the systems you have in place. If you're with the default WHMCS help desk then yes, tickets are the best for keeping records as everything else becomes 'in another place' such as your live chat archives.

When you have something a little more advanced such as Kayako (what we use at Arvixe) tickets, live chat, phone calls etc are all recorded in 1 place so we're able to provide all 3 without any issues.

WHMCS help desk covers all situations nicely, ticketing is the best way of communicating by far for hosts. You only need qualified and always ready tech support that can handle multiple tasks simultaneously.

We offer 24/7/365 ticket, phone, and email support. Although technical support over the phone can be tough in certain instances we still find that a lot of customers prefer to reach a real person who is on-site with the server instead of sending an email first. Most instances though we will create the ticket for the customer after the call so that we both have documentation of the question/issue/request and can follow up accordingly.

Additionally we feature Zingaya on our website which allows customers to call in from any computer, tablet or phone that has a microphone. This is nice if the customer is overseas or just wants to place a quick call while surfing our website.

Its always better to have the 24/7 model.As our clients are located on various time zones.Also value your customers with first priority.and reduce your response times !

When it comes to support, most companies offer 24-7 support. This of course can mean many different things. Is is 24-7 support over the phone or is it 24-7 support over ticket system or chat?

I tend to prefer ticket support myself. It gives me an opportunity to upload print screens, copy word for word an error I might be getting and generally explain myself better.

For me 24-7 support should be a combination of phone, live chat and ticket system. I just feel it works better this way. Any thoughts?

I would agree, with the market as competitive as it is you need to have a range of communication for the customer such as phone, ticketing system and chat. A range of customers will tend to use phone as chat isn't the most utilized by customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett