Your opinion on lowendguide.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikho

Hello fellow members of the forum.

I recently updated the theme on my tutorial/guide website to hopefully make it easier to browse it and find interesting articles to read about.

I would like your opinion on the current state. If you visited in the past and remember the old look, feel free to say if you like this better or the old one was better.

I hope that if you reply with "good" or "suck" I would also like you to tell what is "good" or "suck".

Thank you for reading and hope I will get many comments.
I do still work on theme changes and some were applied as late as yesterday. More changes will be done but feedback is always appreciated.

If you find something you like and want to repost it, read this:
All the text on this website is free as in freedom unless stated otherwise. This means you can use it in any way you want, you can copy it, change it the way you like and republish it, as long as you release the (modified) content under the same license to give others the same freedoms you’ve got.

Site is in the title but here is a click able link: http://www.lowendguide.com

Last edited:
I did just read through a lot of your site and found it very interesting. Love the concept. Love the layout. Good amount of white space. Very readable. Bookmarked. :)

Yes your site is easy to browse but I think you should put some little summary on your posts. The design is nice I like it.

Nice site, it looks good for me.

I did have one similar but it's hard to manage so many sites and businesses lol!

Keep the good work up man.

Nice site, it looks good for me.

I did have one similar but it's hard to manage so many sites and businesses lol!

Keep the good work up man.

Thank you for the kind words! Have been busy lately because of a trip to Thailand but now I'm back home (with proper access to the Internet again) and will start writing again. If you have any tips that I could write about I will gladly take it. :)

Very informative! I am a personal fan of the more simplistic look, so I think this site design is great.

I'd say it's definitely "good".
Very informative and easy to browse. However, looks a bit dull and boring and also not enough content is being added regularly.

I don't like how your homepage is a bunch of links to posts. You should probably have your 3 most current posts on your homepage and in a side menu have the links to your posts. Your content should draw your visitors into your site. A list of links isn't likely to do that. You've worked hard on your content. It should be the centerpiece of your homepage.

Thank you all for the feedback provided. I had to take a unintended "break" from my online life due to my work needed me to relocate for a project.

The updates will be more frequent from now on, probably not every day however.

The entry page (homepage) has been a thorn in my side since day one. The template I use for the website isn't working to well with other plugins so it is on my "todo" list to change the template to something easier to update/change.

Just a small comment.
You are using wordpress.. and it would be better to change the access of your admin panel for security reasons.
instead of http://www.lowendguide.com/wp-admin you can choose something else.
There are alot of tutorials online describing how to change the access of wordpress admin panel.
Hope this help

I know this is an old thread however, it looks like on the home page under "Latest Posts" there's no padding there for the 4 entries.

I'd also like to see the content divided up a little better maybe. Seems like a lot of white to me.

Could I suggest social media icons? I know they are at the very bottom but… Good way to get some exposure.

Your website looks very information-rich indeed with plenty of contents, I just noticed two issues. There is probably no need to repeat your domain name at the beginning of title tags of all the content pages, your homepage too definitely deserves a unique title which clearly tells the audience about your general web topic. A unique title will help your website on search engines too.

A second issue is that your homepage actually does not tell the audience what awaits them. What is your website about actually? Put yourself in the shoes of most people arriving at your homepage, they do not know what your website is about, is it an article directory? What keywords, tags and areas are covered? How can they go directly to the sections they are most interested in?

Add a sort of header item to your website at the top of homepage, one which briefly tells the audience what general tips and information are covered within your website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123