Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Closed Thread


Old
  Post #31 (permalink)   07-14-2012, 05:57 PM
HD Wizard
 
romes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 1,651
Send a message via Skype™ to romes

Status: romes is offline
Art, you sir have a way with words. I agree, move on and enjoy another day of living.
__________________
RomesBlog.net | New Sci Fi Novel! - Aliens, Wars, Backgrounds, Settings and more!
Vanguard Project | Stay up-to-date on the latest news about my sci fi novel!
 
 


Old
  Post #32 (permalink)   07-14-2012, 06:19 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,721

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul0130 View Post
Couldn't agree more, but this thread really just unlocks peoples feelings, I guess.
I understand that. It feels like every time someone comes around and posts his/her complaint about another community (in our case most of the time it turns out to be about WHT), it opens up some old wounds and people tend to seize the opportunity to jump in batting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romes View Post
Art, you sir have a way with words. I agree, move on and enjoy another day of living.
Thank you.

When someone starts to throw mean words around, people should keep in mind that one of our moderators is also a moderator at WHT (for the record, he became a moderator here first), so everyone should try to keep their cool.
 
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artashes For This Useful Post:
romes (07-14-2012), SenseiSteve (07-15-2012)


Old
  Post #33 (permalink)   07-15-2012, 02:29 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 4,945
Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
I guess I go against the grain of some of the members here as I don't have an issue with WHT or their moderators, or the fact that they took action against the OP.

I don't frequent WHT as much as I used to, but it's not because of the moderation - it's simply because I find other forums, like HD, more enjoyable. Saying that, I'm not on HD as much as I used to be, but that's simply because I'm incredibly busy.

I do agree with Blue and Artashes here.
__________________
ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
 
 


Old
  Post #34 (permalink)   07-15-2012, 02:56 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,950
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul0130 View Post
Couldn't agree more, but this thread really just unlocks peoples feelings, I guess.
Well for me anyway!

But yes, it is a case of get on with it, lifes a bitch
no the thread is the OP complaining on another forum that their posts were removed and they received a warning on WHT for breaking their rules which they admitted doing.

WHT must be doing something right as they have 324,173 registered members.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #35 (permalink)   07-15-2012, 08:48 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, UK.
Posts: 568

Status: HostOX is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
no the thread is the OP complaining on another forum that their posts were removed and they received a warning on WHT for breaking their rules which they admitted doing.

WHT must be doing something right as they have 324,173 registered members.
And the title is not great, maybe he could of used something a bit better.
__________________
HostOX | Hosting Built on Consistency, reliability and strength.
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to HostOX For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (07-15-2012)


Old
  Post #36 (permalink)   07-15-2012, 09:12 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,950
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul0130 View Post
And the title is not great, maybe he could of used something a bit better.
true as in the OPs case i dont think they were overzealous, as the OP broke their forum rules on more than one occasion which they admitted, had the posts removed and a warning, they got off lightly as they could have been banned on the forum.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #37 (permalink)   07-15-2012, 04:34 PM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, UK.
Posts: 568

Status: HostOX is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
true as in the OPs case i dont think they were overzealous, as the OP broke their forum rules on more than one occasion which they admitted, had the posts removed and a warning, they got off lightly as they could have been banned on the forum.
Indeed, most have experienced bans for a lot less, so I guess taking it with a pinch of salt would be the best bet for OP.
__________________
HostOX | Hosting Built on Consistency, reliability and strength.
 
 


Old
  Post #38 (permalink)   07-15-2012, 04:50 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,950
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul0130 View Post
Indeed, most have experienced bans for a lot less, so I guess taking it with a pinch of salt would be the best bet for OP.
exactly. i was a member and helped many people until an ex client who i terminated due to non payment decided to abuse me on WHT and other forums, so i reported him to WHT admin and guess what he is still an active member and i was the one banned.

so i am not in support of WHT, but i dont like when others start threads on other forums, stating that they had threads removed from another forum because the broke the rules
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #39 (permalink)   07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta, City of
Posts: 29

Status: Mrs_Esterhouse is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
exactly. i was a member and helped many people until an ex client who i terminated due to non payment decided to abuse me on WHT and other forums, so i reported him to WHT admin and guess what he is still an active member and i was the one banned.

so i am not in support of WHT, but i dont like when others start threads on other forums, stating that they had threads removed from another forum because the broke the rules
I not opposed to this thread being renamed "WHT and its rules suck".

 
 


Old
  Post #40 (permalink)   07-15-2012, 05:26 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,721

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Esterhouse View Post
I not opposed to this thread being renamed "WHT and its rules suck".

Feel free to use a Report Post feature on your original post if and when you decide on that.
 
 


Old
  Post #41 (permalink)   08-07-2012, 08:41 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Universe
Posts: 309

Status: kunnusingh is offline
They did noting wrong with you, they give me some infraction but instead of posting in public I try to follow their rule..

I love WHT

I also love HD because of I am addicted..
__________________
Windows VPS
Web Hosting Yearly & WebHostingLoud.com Hosting Forum
 
 


Old
  Post #42 (permalink)   08-09-2012, 11:05 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta, City of
Posts: 29

Status: Mrs_Esterhouse is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunnusingh View Post
They did noting wrong with you, they give me some infraction but instead of posting in public I try to follow their rule..

I love WHT

I also love HD because of I am addicted..
They can't handle public criticism of their rules; of course most authoritarian dictatorships can't.
 
 


Old
  Post #43 (permalink)   08-09-2012, 11:15 PM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 4,945
Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Esterhouse View Post
They can't handle public criticism of their rules; of course most authoritarian dictatorships can't.
WHT is hardly an "authoritarian dictatorship" as you say. They need to moderate their forum just as every other forum has to moderate theirs to keep some form of order.
__________________
ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
 
 


Old
  Post #44 (permalink)   08-09-2012, 11:40 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta, City of
Posts: 29

Status: Mrs_Esterhouse is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiSteve View Post
WHT is hardly an "authoritarian dictatorship" as you say. They need to moderate their forum just as every other forum has to moderate theirs to keep some form of order.
So tell me, how does public criticism of their rules destroy order?

I personally manage a forum and don't delete criticism about me or my mods. The only rules are no name calling or cursing. Users can complain all day long about those rules; I don't delete their posts -- I engage them.
 
 


Old
  Post #45 (permalink)   08-09-2012, 11:58 PM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 4,945
Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Esterhouse View Post
So tell me, how does public criticism of their rules destroy order?

I personally manage a forum and don't delete criticism about me or my mods. The only rules are no name calling or cursing. Users can complain all day long about those rules; I don't delete their posts -- I engage them.
So if you personally manage a forum, then you know moderation is a must. I manage two forums myself, but you know as well as I that owners of forums each have their own unique set of rules and guidelines. If you select to tolerate criticism of your rules and that works for you, then all good and well. Other forums are fully within their rights to run their forums as they choose, without being put in a category of dictatorships.
__________________
ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
 
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: