Do you really need a knowledgebase?

Hi, I do believe in KB, coz i think its better to educate the client rather than only solving his/her issue. If the KB is handy, it will save a lot of time of the client as well as of the support provider, make sure that the KB is regularly, its easily accessible & the language is simple to understand. Personally speaking, a lot of issues have been solved using KB & have learnt quite a few things.

Hi, I do believe in KB, coz i think its better to educate the client rather than only solving his/her issue. If the KB is handy, it will save a lot of time of the client as well as of the support provider, make sure that the KB is regularly, its easily accessible & the language is simple to understand. Personally speaking, a lot of issues have been solved using KB & have learnt quite a few things.

We fully understand this but point being is 99% of clients will just simply submit a ticket rather than look through a boring knowledge base. :smash:

Hi,

Yes, most of the clients are not using knowledge base, but it is still better to have that in place.

Regards,
Bobby

It's a great way of getting useful information out to your clients where they can access them as and when required. Also helps you not have to repeat basic and most asked questions each time. If you have a KB article on the subject, simply direct your visitors to it and save precious time, energy and resources which can be diverted elsewhere.

Lots of time my client not create ticket because of client found solution in my KBs.

Knowledgebase - Also I am get some visitors, Client Trust and much more ...

Knowledge base with proper articles does 50% of your sales. Most of the client first check your kb to find out things like speed test, payment gateways etc etc.

Use the KISS method.... while many knowledge based support files have a wealth of information, keeping it simple and concise is a challenge for most webmaster as some get really into the technology part and miss the simple aspect of why or what.

We have a rating system, if it scores high in use its doing its job by keeping support tickets down. This improves production and lowers the use of added resources.

Its always better to 'educate' the customers if you want to decrease the number of support issues.

Less number of support queries means more time to work on servers. KBs also save a Tech's time.

I am just writing every good ticket to the kb and then linking the persons to the kb so now I'm getting less tickets than before.

I've found it helps with Google traffic. But people just hunting for solutions as they already have a host. Not seen any business come from it.

Our customers don't really need it since we do managed support.

Yes i do need knowledgebase a lot. My customers really use it a lot. Some topics if properly described are very useful for people. They know more so they know how to operate tool, avoid problems etc. and so us providers have less job in answering tickets because part of information is already in knowledge base and customer usualy gets familiar with it.

Including FAQ would also be very beneficial for the clients but try to give almost all the possible question answer for good result.

Having a Knowledgebase will always help and I have seen some in the net that provide resourceful information. It is a plus!

Knowledgebase can be resourceful and a practical and efficient way to investigate a topic. Having a knowledgebase will always help.