Get rich reselling scheme

Get rich schemes on internet!

Usually get rich schemes on internet are online frauds deceiving you taking away your hard earned money, so please beware of all such ads and websites which promise to turn you into a millionaire overnight.

You can make lots of money on net by starting an internet business which can be even business of a web host or selling anything dam thing online.

Everything is not fraud on net, there are many genuine sites which deliver what they promise.

I've always read that when starting a business, you want to have operating capital to cover 3 years, and hopefully by the end of the third year you'll start making a profit. No get-rich quick here.

No one is going to teach you a get rich quick scheme in any industry. If they know a secret, they are going to get themselves rich quick.

That being said, the hosting business is a great business to be in, and the secret is to offer great customer service and uptime at a reasonable price.

I've always read that when starting a business, you want to have operating capital to cover 3 years, and hopefully by the end of the third year you'll start making a profit. No get-rich quick here.
Interesting; does that hold for any type of business - big or small? That seems more inline with larger organizations since I'm not sure many small biz's can make 3 years on 0 income :shocked:

Last edited:
Web hosting is definitely not something you want to do if your only goal is to become rich or wealthy. People seem to think that anything where you can work on a computer and you don't do much if any physical labor is easy but in reality it's a lot of work. You'll only succeed if you're really truly passionate about hosting and you really want to offer solid services to customers.

For the first year I was working full time in a warehouse driving a fork lift and answering support tickets via my mobile whenever I could. The hosting business simply wasn't paying my bills but it needed my attention to grow and prosper.

It took about a year and a half before I could formally quit my "day job" and go full time and I can tell you that it was a year and a half of working 23 hours per day... If this isn't something you're willing to do and you don't have deep pockets already, I wouldn't advise it.

guarantee to show you how reselling can make you rich

The only way anyone can *guarantee* you'll make a small fortune, is by getting you to at least start with a large one :D

MikeDVB said:
For the first year I was working full time in a warehouse driving a fork lift and answering support tickets via my mobile whenever I could
I *really* hope you'd stopped before dealing with tickets ;)

Providing (good) webhosting is not a simple, quick, cheap or easy task - if you're looking to startup now, expect to have to invest heavily into yoru business in terms of time (it's a 24/7/365 task) and money (you'll need capital to run, advertise, etc)

Tips for being successful include
* Don't expect to run off a reseller account forever, you (hopefully) will outgrow it, so plan for when your monthly expenses go up 1000% one morning.
* Always take backups offsite and have a DR plan
* Pick a provider who has been in business a while, and charges sustainable prices (or they'll be out of business, taking you down with them)
* Avoid anyone offering "unlimited" - it doesnt exist

* Avoid anyone offering "unlimited" - it doesnt exist
I have issues with this marketing strategy as well, but I wouldn't go so far as to recommend avoiding every vendor that offers this.

I wish, only if.

How about a scheme that ruins relationships, takes your life, makes you fat LOL.

It has caused me so many problems, slugging it out for 10+ Hours a day, at some times 18 maybe more.
The massive breakdowns when one of your servers goes pop, or you need to migrate 300 users to a new server.

Boy them nights or shall I say days become long.

It can be done, over several years, not months, weeks or days, years.
It needs skill, ability a strong mind and more, it becomes harder each and every day.

You need to be prepared, and willing to give up a lot of things to get off the ground, but once you get past the 300-350 mark of Clients, trust me, it gets easier.
But only harder to keep the quality you are known for, you cannot let it slip, or else you are in the ****!

As any Business goes, you diversify and plan, I run about 8 different Businesses, some on which are the industry and some which are pc repairs, custom setups, server management and so on.
Never put your eggs in one basket, thats my 2 cents.

[qupte]* Avoid anyone offering "unlimited" - it doesnt exist
I have issues with this marketing strategy as well, but I wouldn't go so far as to recommend avoiding every vendor that offers this.[/QUOTE]

Ok, reworded to be...
* Avoid suppliers who outright lie to their clients - like anyone offering "unlimited disk" or "unlimited bandwidth", neither of which can be delivered
:confused:

There are a lot of places that guarantee to show you how reselling can make you rich. I'm not too familar as I am just starting but is it possible and is it really that simple to get rich reselling web hosting?

No, unless you have some real money. Takes money to make money.

I think it is hard to become "rich" being a reseller. You do not make enough money per client to really get rich just reselling. But because you are a reseller you do not need alot of capital. If you are trying to be rich in this industry you need to work your way up to owning datacenters.

You can get rich

It takes about 10-14 years in business to become rich from a get rich point of view where you can say I am buying a house with no mortgage or something of that nature. Like the company earns millions.

The words "get rich quick scheme" have a meaning of their own already, and the meaning isn't nice. What's worse is, the word "lazy" isn't very far from the vicinity of the meaning.

I'm still studying how to get into web hosting myself. But this far, I have a grasp of how demanding this kind of business is. Have that burning passion first (this is true with anything), then money follows.

well, if you can advertise and attract many buyers, then its possible to get rich quickly, but u will need to separate a lot of time for it.

You're suggesting giving up on reselling and taking up alcohol abuse instead ?

It may be easier for those who don't wish to spend 16 hours + a day at a computer. :agree:

well, if you can advertise and attract many buyers, then its possible to get rich quickly, but u will need to separate a lot of time for it.

I define rich as in the I have made a wage of 30k this MONTH, in this industry it takes years to get to such a stage.

I am watching the growth rates of my own Business currently, the second year seems to be surprising me, however it isn't making me rich. Thats with 50+ new sign ups and 500+ renewals.

It takes time, hostgator may be massive and most likely have a lot of money, but it takes effort, time and patience.
You can do it, but not on a reseller and not in a fast time.

Even rich people who did or do manual labour, no one gets rich quick, thats FACT.

I am selling server space to resellers primarily.

I find I get a lot of techical requests in the first couple of weeks whilst people are transitioning from one system to another.

Answering those technical questions can often take a lot of knowledge as well as time.

I agree with the others above. Be prepared to take a loss for the first 12 months!

Also learn to do the things your customers are doing!! (Learn apache, learn mysql, learn PHP, learn wordpress, drupal, joomla etc) Learn how to overide the /etc/php.ini to switch magic quotes on or off, or whatever they need.

Only when you can do this things quickly, and explain them to your customers are they likely to stay with you!

Once they have been with you a while they will probably stay, but still the internet is a dangerous place, you will only get bigger is your service is good.
Beware giving bad service, search engines are your best friend and worst enemy!

There are a lot of places that guarantee to show you how reselling can make you rich. I'm not too familar as I am just starting but is it possible and is it really that simple to get rich reselling web hosting?

Everything is possible still ... it is like gambling : the fact that you read a man's book, and apply it, that won 10 mil ... doesn't mean you will.

Wow... such a long discussion on a 3 year old topic? My 2 cents : Get rich schemes are "schams"... Works for somebody, doesn't work for anybody ;)