The most used CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have not done any research on WP. many forums will show that their are many security issues with WP

look at

http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/we...wordpress-bruteforce-attempts.html#post174516

just as 1 example on this forum

I know that Wordpress has its fair share of vulnerabilities but I think its pretty better than Joomla. Druple is better in terms of mere security although it doesn't compete with both Wordpress and Joomla in the easy usability contest.

People prefer using the WordPress CMS because it is extremely user-friendly. However, the selection of CMS should be done on the basis of the website requirements for getting the best results.

Among all content management system wordpress, drupal, magento, joomla are the top most CMS applications used world wide and coming to the number of users WORDPRESS is one of the top CMS application

Advantages of using Joomla
It is an open source CMS development kit that can be easily deployed.
It has multi-lingual support features.
Plug-ins and extensions are the core features in Joomla CMS. It increases the performance of the website to greater extent. Plug-ins like,
SEF/SH404 plug-ins can be added to make Joomla build websites optimized to search engines.
Shopping cart plug-ins like Virtue mart and Tienda enables developers to build a powerful e-commerce site.
It has a large community and developer forum worldwide, which can be utilized for online support, bug fixing and for regular updates.
Templates and themes are the ones which give a professional look to your website. And Joomla comes with thousand of standard themes and templates that can be used to change the look of your site instantly. It is easy to implement on already established websites.
There is an extensive admin panel in Joomla CMS. To mention few of its features,
User Management – Provides access control and authentication,
Media Manager – Helps to organize media files and directories
Banner Manager – Helps to setup banners on your website
Contact Manager – Helps to find the user contact information
Joomla provides multiple user authentications. This allows multiple users to access the website and update its content simultaneously without affecting the system performance.
It comes with ACL – Access restriction system, which help to provide users, including the content with varying access restrictions.
It has a demo version to gain customer satisfaction and also comes with customer satisfaction tag.
RSS Feed extensions in Joomla, helps you create multiple feeds using varied categories.

CMS I have worked with

Hi

I have worked with Drupal CMS and it is indeed one of the most popular among CMSs, if not the most popular.

If you are choosing to work with CMSs and an open source web development software I can advise you about Drupal from my personal experience:

(Drupal is based on php, uses MySQL database and runs on Apache web server)

- Drupal is modular; made up of modules, each bringing different functionality, such as gallery, contact form, shopping cart, etc. you can also write your own module, most of these modules are free of charge, and there is great info & support behind these modules from their developers published online.

- Just like modules there are many themes (which form website layout and design) available free of charge online, you can also easily modify the design by knowing a little of CSS.

- Drupal is SEO and URL friendly, by simply installing a module your website will have a URL structure that is relevant, accurate and friendly to find by search engines.

- Drupal runs fairly fast by using caching feature.

and last I can say, Drupal is powerful, and you can make amazing websites with it: http://www.appnovation.com/blog/25-best-looking-drupal-websites

I hope this helps,

Amir

4D Hosting

I recommend WordPress since it is widely used and supported, there are many plugins, mods and themes available out there which enable you to transform your WP into any kinds of website. You can use WP to make a blog, directory, store, hosting website, etc.

Also, there are many SEO plugins which enable you to optimize your WordPress easily, this important for beginner users who lake SEO knowledge, as these plugin are easily to set and use.

There are many web hosting companies specializing on providing WP hosting support and management.

In my opinion WordPress is the most widely used CMS. This is because it provides with a user-friendly platform through which creating of websites or blogs is simplified. Also, it provides with a wide range of themes and plugins that make your website secure, impressive and efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting