VPS vs Dedicated

It depends upon the website requirement, well if you want security then dedicated is best for that, well mostly people uses vps hosting.

Regards,
Raicol

Websites which conent is about heavy database or CPU usage. Search engines, educational websites and organizational domains where lots of traffic is generated. :agree:

Ya overall requirement would matter. The deals these days it is better to go with dedicated anyway if you can manage them, simply then for almost the same price you can establish and create many of your personal VPServers.

Ya overall requirement would matter. The deals these days it is better to go with dedicated anyway if you can manage them, simply then for almost the same price you can establish and create many of your personal VPServers.

The price gap is narrowing between VPS and dedicated. A couple of key points - your ability to manage either, and your projected growth. A lot of companies will never outgrow a VPS. :D

The price gap is narrowing between VPS and dedicated. A couple of key points - your ability to manage either, and your projected growth. A lot of companies will never outgrow a VPS. :D

I would agree with the statement most companies never out grow there VPS.

If you are a company that requires a lot of space a dedicated server is the way to go.

Well, choosing between a VPS and dedicated server depends on the requirements of the website. If you are starting a website, a VPS would be fine, however, considering a VPS with a hosting provider who allows easy upgrades would be a better solution as you will be able to choose a dedicated server if you require more resources later on ;)

You will know when to move to dedicated, but the better question is if you want to rather buy a second VPS or rather consolidate everything to a dedicated server.

The choice remains yours, both have there pros and cons. It is not an easy question to answer because neither choices are worse than the other if done correctly

At any point of time a dedicated server is better compared to a VPS. The main dis-advantage of a VPS is that, in some cases the CPU of the main server is not equally shared between all the hosted VPS. But the decision of choosing a VPS or a dedicated server depends on your requirements.

Yes, the decision off choosing depends on the requirements. Both come with Root Access and with a privilege to install any 3rd party application.

If you need 100% Uptime guarantee, Dedicated Server is a way to go :)

A Virtual Private Server hosting plan is aimed at users who require SSH or root access to the server and users who need a guaranteed amount of RAM and processor speed. You are still sharing the server space with a VPS plan; however, you are only sharing the server with 20-25 other people. Be cautious in choosing the right cheap VPS hosting provider, as many unknown hosts will attempt to pack too many customers on one VPS server. Our recommended Dedicated hosting provider offers VPS hosting plan for under $40/month and offers guaranteed 512MB RAM.

A Dedicated Server Hosting Plan is aimed at customers who not only require SSH access and guaranteed RAM but who do not want to share the server space and processor with any other users. Dedicated server hosting is best for bandwidth intense, high storage, and extreme resource websites. Game servers, websites that make the front page of Digg or other popular social networking sites, resellers, web designers, and even web hosts.

Yes, the decision off choosing depends on the requirements. Both come with Root Access and with a privilege to install any 3rd party application.

If you need 100% Uptime guarantee, Dedicated Server is a way to go :)

100% uptime guarantee? That's nearly impossible.. Datacenters just have a SLA where they'll state that your account will be credited in case of any downtime.

A VPS can just be as reliable as a dedicated server. If there is an active support team managing the servers properly, I don't see any problems.

Whether you are using VPS or Dedicated, you should have two or more in case you lose one.

Once you go dedicated, there's no going back!

It also depends on the costs and the number of customers. My Servers only cost me 4x more than a VPS, but have 16GB RAM, 6 x 2.30GHz Processors and more disk than I'll ever resell. So I suppose it's a matter of how many customers you have.
If it makes more sense to have big machines, and I have lots of these, then they are better. Also if you have many of machine A backs up to machine B and B to C, C to D etc, you have your backup solution sorted as well!
I think what I am trying to say is scale, when you can no longer work out of 2 VPSs it's time to move to 2 dedicated servers.

A Virtual Private Server hosting plan is aimed at users who require SSH or root access to the server and users who need a guaranteed amount of RAM and processor speed.

A Dedicated Server Hosting Plan is aimed at customers who not only require SSH access and guaranteed RAM but who do not want to share the server space and processor with any other users.

Asking such questions is like asking something like "a van or a truck?" If you need to transport yourself with some stuff, you do not need any trucks because it will be unreasonable resource waste. The same is in the hosting world.

Hi

I think first you buy any best company reseller hosting and one month use his services if his services his well so you buy vps or dedicated servers hosting but i am sugg dedicated servers.