What do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkatePnk316

Hey ALL, what do you prefer to use to develop websites nowadays?

Are most of the community members here advanced coders using Dreamweaver?

If not what do you prefer using?

What kind of websites have you been designing?

and how long have you been doing this for?

:D

Not really used any programs tbh, a lot of sites i've developed/designed haven't required many images and i've been able to code from scratch either with the images already sliced or making it out of css code.

I also used FrontPage for years, but upgraded to Expression Web and Dreamweaver. I do still use Dreamweaver for certain sites, but concentrate mainly on WordPress now.

I've dabbed with photoshop for design and dreamweaver to code for a couple years, It was fun and all but i found it to be very time consuming...

@ezhost, what type of sites are you mainly coding?
@Sensei same to you, + why do you prefer wordpress over joomla?

FrontPage seemed like a really ultimate tool, but recently changed to dreamweaver. For me it's just much more comfortable to use

I've been using dreamweaver since the late 90's but I do a ton of stuff by hand too. Even today, while it's nice to have Dreamweaver, I rarely use it. I spend a ton of time in Wordpress, but by the same token, I try not to do anything from scratch, it's all bolt on. Whenever possible, I outsource and then tweak from there for the desired results (if necessary).

If I could click 2 I would have pricked WP and DW, these programs make it easier for websites to be apparent. And kudos to WP for its opensourcedness.

Fireworks for design. Slice it. Code it up using Notepad++. After that, change it into a theme for WP, Joomla or Drupal.

I'd also plump for Word Press, I find it easy to use and I am defiantly no expert when it comes to web design.

I'm more of a weebly make my site for me kind of guy :) (personal websites only mind!)

When editing the basics of my website I use Dreamweaver - Just to advanced to use anything else :).

Really great software feature-packed.

I develop it in Notepad++ as HTML/CSS, then convert it to a Wordpress template. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love me some Wordpress. :)

I started out with Dreamweaver back when Macromedia had it, I tried some CMS programs but always had to tweek things so I did it in Dreamweaver.

Now I use Wordpress but I find I still need to use Dreamweaver. I like the ease of WP but then I have Dreamweaver and now Notepad++ to make it complete ( PSPAD before Notepad++) to help out or experiment with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123