What do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Dreamweaver installed on my computer, but I don't use it that much anymore. I don't remember the last time I built a website from scratch. I mostly use CMS like Wordpress.

Wordpress and/or Joomla is always first choice of the users who are inexperienced or has little experience in development.
But it is necessary to keep in mind that these software should be regularly updated as hacker/spammer can use it's themes, plugins for abuse.

But it is necessary to keep in mind that these software should be regularly updated as hacker/spammer can use it's themes, plugins for abuse.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't remember how hard or how easy it is to update a Joomla website, but it just takes a minute or two to automatically update a Wordpress website.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't remember how hard or how easy it is to update a Joomla website, but it just takes a minute or two to automatically update a Wordpress website.

you are not updating the website, you are updating the script/plugins behind the website

all depends on what project working on, sometimes Dreamweaver, sometimes or most f the time work live in scp client editor which is basically notepad.

I have not used dreamweaver but I have used all kinds of cms software.
Wordpress is very nice for both a blog and a cms but when I used it for a cms every one thought the site was a blog and no matter when I changed it was always viewed as blog.

Joomla is nice but lacks some features that wordpress has like custom fields, tags, and being able to put content in more then one category. I have found some mods that add those features but some seem buggy.

Drupal is very hard to use and I could not get it to do what I wanted. I am sure if I played around with it enough I might figure it out but I did not want to spend all the much time on it.

Ocportal is nice and very easy to use. Does have some minor cpu issues and I have actually seen it slow a site down. It is a nice cms though.

Ip.content is a cms for invision power board. It has all the features I liked in wordpress and works really well. It does require that you have Invision power board though as it is an add on for it and made by the same people.

vbulletin and its cms is nice and feels a lot like joomla but with tags added. I actually like the way that tags are done with it as well as it makes it easier to add them. It lacks custom fields though. I have seen some posts about how to add custom fields but they did not add in the WYSIWYG.

I have used many many other ones over the years but did not spend much time with them. Mainly just installing them and seeing if they will do what I want or not.

I've never been a fan of DW. I use mainly Notepad++ and occasionally MS Expression. Have also used Artisteer once or twice to build quick WP themes - although I ended up tweaking the code with Notepad++ as it's much more flexible.

I've never been a fan of DW. I use mainly Notepad++ and occasionally MS Expression. Have also used Artisteer once or twice to build quick WP themes - although I ended up tweaking the code with Notepad++ as it's much more flexible.

Notepad is OK if you know coding, but if someone does not know coding then they need something like DW

Notepad is OK if you know coding, but if someone does not know coding then they need something like DW

Very true. I started out many years ago using Frontpage to pull a template apart and customise it - I learn best by doing. I still use Expression if I want to quickly create code for a table etc. It's also nice to see your design appear in as you work in a preview window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123