What do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Visual Studio to develop the website and then marry Sitefinity's CMS to make it easy to maintain it. Many people may use their CMS to do the whole thing. I prefer my method as it gives me more fluidity with the design.:twocents:

I like wordpress because it's so widely supported and there are near-infinite amounts of plugins and themes. Because of the popularity, and time I run into a problem there are plenty of google results with answers.

Oh, if we're talking desktop publishing software for websites I want to change my answer.

For that, I definitely prefer notepad++. I thought we were talking about CMSs.

I started out many years ago using Frontpage to pull a template apart and customise it - I learn best by doing. I still use Expression if I want to quickly create code for a table etc. It's also nice to see your design appear in as you work in a preview window.

I loved FP. I still have a couple customers using the same site I built years ago on an old 2003 server.

I use Expression Web also these days for some quick coding. I never got the hang of asp.net master pages and Dynamic Web Templates, etc

Wordpress (not as an IDE but for ready made template) and Dreamweaver for editing are writing the Source code.

i see wordpress is quite famous now and it is winning :), but personally i use dreamweaver for for development of php websites and visual studio for asp.net.

I like dreamweaver - and then wordpress - wordpress cant get much better for simple clean designs with good functionality.

I have recently been part of a concrete project for an ecommerce site and I have to admit it is really user friendly and I am impressed with the ease of editing.

WordPress is my choice but i do not do complicated sites, usually portfolio / business sites in up to 5 pages.
For that purpose WP has the shortest go to market time.

I have voted for Wordpress. Very easy to use, frequent updates and a lot of plugins and themes available.

I prefer to use joomla CMS application because it is a powerful application and even you can host customized Ecommerce site in joomla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting