Has anyone tried Boxbilling?

Hello all,
I want to ask if anyone has tried the boxbilling software?
It is WHMCS alternative and it is free. I want to check if there any security issues as well as any common issues with it.

Thank you in Advance

Well Mate i personaly prefer you to go with WHMCS as many big hosting companies are using WHMCS only and its very secure also.

Boxbilling isn't that bad. It's a little better for the paid version though. Only problem is they take so long to update anything and in the end this is going to hurt them.

Thank you all for replies.
The most important thing is the security. Has anyone had any security related issues?

Thanks

There hasnt been any serious security issue with them that could stop its use. However you may need to read its limitations before you settle for its free version. The paid version is pretty better in all aspects but then Its like going iPhone when everyone is doing Android. It has its advantages but when it comes to clients switching from other hosts to you, they will not find you user friendly at all. But if you are ok with that then boxbilling will do

Thank you all for replies.
The most important thing is the security. Has anyone had any security related issues?

Thanks

I think Boxbilling is rather secure, but at the same time it's also not the number 1 host billing software. WHMCS had alot of recent security issues but they fixed them rather quickly and now they have taken the right step to secure their software.

We will stick with WHMCS for now, love how the software works and the community behind it. You may also consider ClientExec, next version (5) looks promising.

So if you really want a free billing script, I guess Boxbilling is a good choice. If you prefer a paid script, WHMCS is the way to go.

I don't want to use "free" software for billing. I do support for open source, but boxbilling just doesn't get good feeling from me.

If you want to have WHMCS alternative, Blesta is a good option, even it still needs sometimes.

So if you really want a free billing script, I guess Boxbilling is a good choice. If you prefer a paid script, WHMCS is the way to go.

The free version of boxbilling is too limited it won't give you a professional product unless your company offer just two product lines. Billing is a central aspect of any serious host and I would recommend you either invest in a billing software or find a Host that offers one free. WHMCS would be my recommendation

Ya tried it but has some security issues and i am not using it now.

WHMCS is best and also Host Bill too.

Boxbilling limits many features in free version and promotes you to buy pro.

But basically a self hosted licencencing server is a vulnerability to get pro accounts free

Boxbilling has a very impressive UI for an inexpensive billing software. It lacks the comprehensive integration that you find in Clientexec and WHMCS. Keep this in mind as you will no doubt want to expand the functionality of your software eventually - either by adding payment options other than PayPal, adding domain registrars with better pricing, enhancing your support portal etc. Spend the extra $5 for client exec or $10 for WHMCS. You will not regret it.

I did try boxbilling for a month as i was going to offer it to clients etc. to me it works better and an ecommerce site rather than web hosting

Boxbilling will certainly do what you want it to do, but it will not meet the expectations as well as WHMCS or Hostbill.

It does the job, but the API and automation settings are not so properly done like WHMCS.