Has anyone tried Boxbilling?

What does BoxBilling do that separates it from WHMCS, Hostbill, Ubersmith, or any of the other major payment and account control panels? Just curious because I have never heard about it until this topic was created.

It is cheap and was developed by a web host to originally offer it with their reseller packages for free. I can't say that it is being actively developed because it doesn't look like it.

Some providers will offer a free billing system so if budget is tight I recommend you look for that. Otherwise Blesta offers a 30 day trial then it is only $12.95 per month - if you can't afford that right now then I'm not sure what to suggest. A billing system will manage a lot in your business so best pick wisely.

hello,

Boxbilling as not been updated since a year and a half. I would suggest if you have a tight budget to look at Blesta. You can get a license as low 7.80$ from some reseller...

From what I have heard, boxbilling hasn't been touched in a good amount of time from its developers. If only Aurimas could get a solid dev team lol.

If your running a professional business WHMCS is the most secure way to go. Just because it has a price on it doesn't mean it's better, but, well, it is in this case. You'll find WHMCS has the most usability, support and addons available for your usage. It also provides decent analytics.

If your running a professional business WHMCS is the most secure way to go.

Who says, have you any proof of this.

Yes WHMCS is the most know and most used client/billing management system available, but its no more secure than

Hostbill
Clientexec
Blesta
WHMAutopilot etc.

From what I have heard, boxbilling hasn't been touched in a good amount of time from its developers. If only Aurimas could get a solid dev team lol.

This is the problem with a Free, or nearly Free product. When the original developer loses interest or needs to move on to another product, there are no resources to have someone else continue the development work.

I personally prefer CE over WHMCS but have been testing boxbilling out and it actually looks very promising