Webhostingtalk

Yeah, looks like a specific provider was blocked, instead of specific IP ranges. Maybe not the best approach, but it's also back under attack too it seems :(

If it aint one thing, it's another

I recently received an invalid infraction at WHT (the others I was unaware and they would not help). Now they've deleted my most recent post and will not allow me to post offers. Pretty much discriminating. What a joke. They claim I broke their rules and will not respond to my help ticket. If you post in the feedback section they delete that. So yes I tend to agree, avoid them.

Pretty sure Steve's comment was a joke. We all knew who you were talking about :)

Bear is tough, at times, but reasonable. I've run across him on a few forums and he's a decent guy.

Hello !!,

What I can say is I cant comment on them but yes I must say they have huge collection of knowledge base. Let strive to collect the knowledge for hostingdiscussion.com based on our personal experience and make it on top.

Thanks !!!

haha, i personally feel they promote too much of liquidweb and they can probably do anything

Exactly they had totally lost it. Reminds me of another community that I quit too.

Seems like if doesn't concerns them directly then they could care less how we feels.

I got a "shilling" ban from WHT, 'cos we offered a proxy to users to "jump" onto our boxes without getting banned (whitelisted IPs).
We stupidly allowed those boxes to get out to various site the engineers went too. So customers who said positive things, and used the proxies, looked like shills.

That's annoying as we wouldn't be that stupid if we were going to do such a thing, plus you would always get caught.
Soon stopped the proxies going anywhere but our servers after that!

No amount of explanation was acceptable.

I got a "shilling" ban from WHT, 'cos we offered a proxy to users to "jump" onto our boxes without getting banned (whitelisted IPs).
We stupidly allowed those boxes to get out to various site the engineers went too. So customers who said positive things, and used the proxies, looked like shills.

That's annoying as we wouldn't be that stupid if we were going to do such a thing, plus you would always get caught.
Soon stopped the proxies going anywhere but our servers after that!

No amount of explanation was acceptable.

no amount of explaining helps as to them they are always right.

I remember when i took over a hosting company which already had a WHT account. I had no day to day working with the hosting company as i kept the same team running it. suddenly the guy who ran their WHT account got a demand that he provided them with a copy of his passport, driving licence, utility bill etc. to prove he was not me, which he refused, so they banned him. The only way they would know it was in the hands of by company was if someone had been spying on the whois record which was in my company name, but as the company i bought had a WHT account for 4 years and nothing changed in the account details, no reason for them to look at whois for this company, so looks like someone spying on my company records constantly.