What Forum software do you prefer?

A few years back my favorite was Invision, but that is no longer free and I have not used it since the free version was around.

I'd have to say the "standard" for open-source forums is PHPBB and it does a pretty good job. However, vBulletin seems to be the best when it comes to large scale communities, although its not a freebie.

PhpBB is always in my top list second is smf but this days the smf is not having enough functions and the installation of mod functions required skill.

SMF is hacked by the hackers several times when i used but phpbbis safe in this and i prefer phpbb

PhpBB and then smf forum will be the best choice than other forum softwares, the recent version of smf is some what unstable try the older version, it have lot of mod functions.

PHPBB2 - I know its the older version but there is still a large community for it and loads of mods and skins.

phpBB is easy to use but it is worth paying for vBulletin and only setting up your forum right the first time.

Hello Friends,

Thanks For giving your suggestions about the forum software. This provides good information about the softwares. Problems of softwares,benefits.. etc.

I prefer Vbulliten then other forum software as it can't be hacked,is powerful,easy to use,provides greater stability..

No doubt it is a little costlier then other but its features are far more better than others..

vbulletin can't be hacked?

Anything can be hacked with the right amount of resources, knowledge and time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost