joomla or wordpress

It really depends on how confirtable you are with both. There is nothing you can not do with either. I however find Wordpress a better choice based on personal knowledge and the ease I have to manipulate it to do what I want but I have used Joomla for years and wouldnt say its any less good.

I think Wordpress has a bigger userbase than Joomla and in case you find problems, they will be more likely to be resolved easily with Wordpress. So wordpress.

WordPress has the most support and is widely used. I personally use WordPress for like 99% of my projects and love it. I will never use anything else.

Wordpress is more popular, and would be my choice.
Both are strong, though. Use what you're most comfortable with.

Both really can do what he asked Unless there are limitations on his part in terms of knowledge that we need to consider. Or if he wants us to compare security issues for him which again both will have a pro and a con.

I would recommend WordPress, as I have found addons and themes are more easy to come by.

I would just make sure you keep WordPress update and fellow based security settings for WordPress

It all depends on personal preferences.
Have you tried both?
Personally I prefer WordPress more but it is all up to you.
Take a look at the pros and cons of WordPress and Joomla and then pick the one you're most comfortable with :)

I've used both and definitely prefer WordPress. Schema microdata was easier to plug in on Joomla, but for all else it is WordPress for me.

Joomla is going through a big facelift at the moment, it will be interesting to see where they are at in a years time.

This is going to absolutely be a 'personal choice' thing.
Wordpress is easier to use and understand, but in the same, there are a ton of exploits because of vulnerabilities in plugins (not the core WP system itself).

Haven't played a ton with Joomla, but it's not bad, just takes a bit more getting used to than WP.

Joomla is widely used however support for Wordpress is greater. I would go with Wordpress anytime. I'm building a new site right now with Wordpress.

Wordpress is may be better option for you.
Let me give you some more details.
1. wordpress have more seo plugins or others plugin than joomla.
2. Wordpress very user friendly.
3. Wordpress theme can be custom made or pre made.Its does no gives you costly.You can also use default theme as your website.