joomla or wordpress

Yea it depends like others say but i think in terms of content mangement systems in general WordPress is making alot more ground to cover up its weaknesses and develop better plugins ect ect.

Web developers seem to support WordPress more and i think ( this is all my personal opinion) there is much more user friendly support and information available online about WordPress.

Anybody can walk in and start using some of its most complicated functions. That user friendliness rakes in users and that is followed by supporting web developers and so forth.

Well, the answer doesn’t lie in a single word since all the three CMSs have their own major role depending upon the needs/requirements.
for biginers wordpress is best but for joomla need some basic technical skills

All my sites now using WordPress platform. They have almost features I need, both plugins and themes.

Wordpress will always get my vote. It has a wider selection of premium themes, great plugins and is all around a better platform.

I recommend you WordPress..WordPress is best CMS nowadays..and most popular platform for web design.

I recommend WordPress due to the massive amounts of support it receives from the community and the fact that a lot of websites support it over other content management systems.

I have used both of them.I prefer Wordpress because it has a good community zone, a lot of themes and plugins.

I chose Wordpress Websites. WordPress is easy to setup, manage, and update. When you’re ready to customize your website further it’s easy to migrate your starter website to a web hosting account. WordPress automatically solves a ton of SEO issues.

Wordpress started out as a platform for bloggers, but now you can do basically everything with it. I personally created a multi-vendor marketplace with it already.
My only issue with WordPress is that it can be slow depending on how many plugins or custom features you use.

There are much more webmasters who can work on WordPress and I cannot tell you the same about Joomla.. What about functionality - it depends on your needs, but again, it is easier to work with WordPress and as far as I know a lot of people are moving to this platform because of its usability.

It really depends i suggest researching them everything on the web has its pros and cons , that why nothing really ever gets wiped out.

Just take drupal and worpress :
Worpress is great for new people relatively new to the cms world, even those that cannot code or just dabble in php.
It supplies plugins ( which im not saying you should use for everything ) , it supplies template , all which are regulated rather badly by wordpress .org.
Very noice and convenient right ? Its also why WordPress get exploited so much because hackers know , many many plugins have loopholes , many webmasters arent really experienced enough to plug the gaps or even see them.
Altough i laught sometimes i think of WordPress as being in a school of tuna , safety in numbers right ?

Drupal
If you know php well enough drupal in my opinion is far superior platform to WordPress in terms of advanced functionality. ( and this is a biased opinion as i am a web developer)
Drupal code base is very closely secured and secured scrutinized.
Drupals Modules , where not designed ( as in the case of wordpress ) for user ease, but to for the best functionality this makes it at times a complicated cms ( if you could even call it that ).

However not everybody needs these super powered features , some people get by just fine with WordPress, as always the answer comes down to what is best suited to your skills and what you wish to achieve. I myself use wordpress despite being for drupal , because in terms of what i need , its just easier and saves time.