Today in my world

8LznLbg.jpg

:devil:

OMG the name fits so well! :agree:

Today in my world, some of my trees are beginning to bloom. It won't be long before my yard is full of vibrant colors of every shade and hue.

Today in my world is a day i have wanted for a long time.

In November 2016 i was very happy and content with my presence online. My personal sites were showing to the public and my Reseller store was starting to show success. But that bubble was burst when i received a letter from my host saying my account had been sold and soon the new company was going to take possesion and begin migration. Since i have experience in the hosting industry for many years, i know companies come and go. Only thing is the company that bought out my host was one that i absolutely did not want anything to do with. So i cancelled my account and thanked my host for being one of the best and for all they had done for me.

Starting in December 2016 i was researching various hosting ccompanies, and was horrified at the offerings i was able to find through simple Google searches. I remembered my past host used to post at a hosting forum and figured i would look there for advice. To my surprise i found a thread that was started about my host being sold and first hand experiences from people that had been migrated to the new host. It was a ugly situation involving the migrations. But i also read a lot of peoples posts to the thread that were not even a client of either host. So i joined the forum in order to offer my first hand experience. While engaging in that thread, i started to offer advice to other members and asked many questions of members. But the underlying experience i found was that some members were mostly posting to show their signatures with their hosting company in it. I am not saying they were trolling, since the posts and responses were generally done to help another member.

But i found that mosts posts were in a way that did not leave room for discussions. Most threads and subsequent posts became a support oriented situation. After the question was answered the thread would dry up, and then the trolling and debates started. I hung in there for a couple months, but recently said enough is enough. This is taking up to much of my time and it is becoming a recipe for redundancy. Over the last few days i have decided to stop trying to engage people in hosting forums. I really enjoy Hosting Discussion and will continue to ask questions and offer solutions. The members here talk like humans, not as a host trying to sell.

Today in my world i am going to present to my wife a business plan and ask her if we can afford it
. There is a host i am very interested in and have followed their posts daily at the other forum, and they recently posted a very well written and detailed advertisement. I am specifically looking at their Reseller plans to host my reseller business website.

Today in my world, I woke up to a violent thunderstorm at 2AM. Normally, my dogs are not bothered by thunderstorms, but last night Abby crawled into bed with me and was visibly frightened. As much as it rained last night, you really can't tell that by looking outside right now. Winds are fairly strong and the sky is overcast, but for the end of February, this is not bad at all. I remember February in Hollywood, Florida, Southern California and Kaneohe, Hawaii being so much different.

I took a day off to go swimming with my 2 year old at the public pool, this was only her second time and we had a great time. It was a grey day and I felt like doing something different.

Last edited:
Today in my world of Gainesville, Fl it is cold, raining and very grey. Usually my neighbors chickens are running around when its raining, but not today. On a happier note, right outside my porch the Red Cardinals are sitting in the branches still singing and the sparrows are feasting at the bird feeder.

Today in my world, we finally have blue skies and sunshine. Squirrels are out foraging for food, and there are a good number of finch at one of my bird feeders. This weekend I'll be planting tomatoes and green peppers in my greenhouse. I have a pork loin slow cooking in my crock pot for later tonight, so I'm looking forward to a good meal this evening.

Today in my world, we finally have blue skies and sunshine. Squirrels are out foraging for food, and there are a good number of finch at one of my bird feeders. This weekend I'll be planting tomatoes and green peppers in my greenhouse. I have a pork loin slow cooking in my crock pot for later tonight, so I'm looking forward to a good meal this evening.

Thought i smelled a crockpot going somewhere in the world!

My office is right next to my kitchen, so I've been smelling it all day. Sky has turned overcast and the wind has picked up. Last night, I baked Reeses Pieces cookies, so that's what I'm snacking on right now - putting on the pounds.

My office is right next to my kitchen, so I've been smelling it all day. Sky has turned overcast and the wind has picked up. Last night, I baked Reeses Pieces cookies, so that's what I'm snacking on right now - putting on the pounds.

I try not to speak for others, but i think we are all jealous!

By the way, i visited your site recently while searching for my new host. I looked at your live chat and saw a picture of a person. Either that is a picture of you or the late great Rick Marsh, as he was a smart dresser that wore ties. But now that you tell me about the cookies, i tend to believe its you. This mystery is food for thought, all puns intended. haha

I try not to speak for others, but i think we are all jealous!

By the way, i visited your site recently while searching for my new host. I looked at your live chat and saw a picture of a person. Either that is a picture of you or the late great Rick Marsh, as he was a smart dresser that wore ties. But now that you tell me about the cookies, i tend to believe its you. This mystery is food for thought, all puns intended. haha

Yeah, that's me in the picture with a suit and tie. Yipes! I made sweet and sour pork over white rice this evening with an orange sweet and sour sauce. Yum.

Today in my world i had to respectfully decline the offer of a silver platter. The hardest thing was, i had earned it but i do not think i deserved it more than some others. Sometimes a person has to realize the value of others beyond themselves. By me not accepting this, it means another will receive it. Because it definitely is going to be offered to someone else on the interrnet, hopefully one of the members here.

Today in my world i had to respectfully decline the offer of a silver platter. The hardest thing was, i had earned it but i do not think i deserved it more than some others. Sometimes a person has to realize the value of others beyond themselves. By me not accepting this, it means another will receive it. Because it definitely is going to be offered to someone else on the interrnet, hopefully one of the members here.
I'm not exactly following the offer of a silver platter. Confused as always!

Started to pack my bags. I don't like this thing. I always have feeling that I will forget something xD or don't have enough time to pack.

Today in my world, I just read where temperatures here will drop down to 21 degrees this Sunday and Tuesday. I am not ready for winter again - it just turned Spring here with flowers blooming, the grass growing and trees starting to come alive.

Lately we in the UK have had very mixed up weather conditions. It was snowing in February! We saw our first bit of proper sun after a very long time yesterday.

Wow, woke up this morning to see everything covered in snow. It's mid-afternoon now and most of the snow has melted off of the trees. Listening to IZ now - What a Wonderful World. Wow, his video has been viewed 37 million times.

Today in my world we just finished a project with a company that does over $1 billion in annual sales. Tomorrow we will be working on projects with companies that have Zero dollars in sales.
Never a dull moment.

Today in my world a long-time and a well respected member of ours came back into my life! (looking at you, Blue) :D and it made my whole week!

How have you been, sir? :)